+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

【INLAND】 Spousal Sponsorship *2022*

gmac11111

Nov 5, 2022
Has anyone had this issue before. I am currently able to link my application on GCKey website but I still can't register on the new PR tracker website. I am getting the following error.

"Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on your application. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your application is not in our system yet."
I have the same issue.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
I have the same issue.
If you have a middle name, make sure that you put that in beside your first name when you register. Also make sure that the city you were born in is typed exactly as it was on the application.

BurgerLover

Star Member
Sep 13, 2022
People need to keep in mind that this is a rumor. I know a few applicants who got COPR number in late October and then got the portal invite in early November, so, don't freak out folks. I'm also stuck at this stage, but it's better to be stuck at this stage than at, say, waiting for AOR.
Well said at lease it at the final stage!

positive vibes!

JWC

Nov 17, 2022
Hi. I have some questions about my application.
Here is my timeline.

2022/10/18 Submitted (Online, Common-law, Inland)
2022/11/08 Returned (TYPO)
2022/11/08 Submitted again
2022/11/11 AOR - Sponsor Email
2022/11/15 Medical Examination / Right of Permanent Residence Fee Reminder - PA Email

I received an AOR, but ECAS still says - "We received your application for permanent residence on October 18, 2022."
And in this tracker, the last update is still October 29th and the status is shown as "Received", File number is still "not available", Even though I received the file number that starts with F by email on Nov 11th.
It seems like most of applicant receive medical requests at the same time with AOR or 2-3 days later, but there are no other updates until now.
They didn't send me a medical request but only sent me a reminder email on Nov15. According to the comments above, it just looks like an automatic email that is not very important.
Should I just wait? Is it common for trackers to be slow to update? there is no update after AOR, I don't know what to do.

I tried to link my application to the IRCC account using GCkey, but the information is not corrcet.
I know it's a very tricky, a lot of people are having a trouble with this. I've been trying several combinations for 5 days, but I keep failing and getting tired of having only five chances for a day...
Do I have to call the IRCC? Can someone tell me what you did to fix this? Or is this related to my tracker status not updated?

Thanks!

gsingh2022

Oct 27, 2022
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Here is my timeline.

2022/11/15 Medical Examination / Right of Permanent Residence Fee Reminder - PA Email

I received an AOR, but ECAS still says - "We received your application for permanent residence on October 18, 2022."
And in this tracker, the last update is still October 29th and the status is shown as "Received", File number is still "not available", Even though I received the file number that starts with F by email on Nov 11th.
It seems like most of applicant receive medical requests at the same time with AOR or 2-3 days later, but there are no other updates until now.
They didn't send me a medical request but only sent me a reminder email on Nov15. According to the comments above, it just looks like an automatic email that is not very important.
Should I just wait? there is no update after AOR, I don't know what to do.

I tried to link my application to the IRCC account using GCkey, but the information is not corrcet.
I know it's a very tricky, a lot of people are having a trouble with this. I've been trying several combinations for 5 days, but I keep failing and getting tired of having only five chances for a day...
Do I have to call the IRCC? Can someone tell me what you did to fix this? Or is this related to my tracker status not updated?

Thanks!

Hey

I got the Medical Examination / Right of Permanent Residence Fee Reminder as well and I was confused if I should wait for an actual medical examination email or just book one. I checked the PR tracker portal and it said that Medical exam is in progress and I had the document number populated in the IME details section. So I just booked the exam. My exam was marked as completed yesterday in the GCKey portal but it hasn't been updated in the PR tracker yet.

Even I had difficulty linking my account at first but keep trying. I used application number and UCI.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Here is my timeline.

Should I just wait? Is it common for trackers to be slow to update? there is no update after AOR, I don't know what to do.

Thanks!
I would try calling IRCC and have the application number (F) handy. Let them know if the difference between what you see online, and the document with the F number. It is possible that they may have two files open for you.

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Got my AOR(?) email, I am the sponsor.
Spouse didn't get any AOR.
Can't link the application, maybe it's because I only have my UCI (sponsor) and not my spouse's?
The application ID is in the email I received as well, but apparently I also need the UCI of my spouse (PA)?
Is it normal for the sponsor to get an AOR and not the principal applicant?

Email quote: "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)"

James Lyrie-Stewart

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Got my AOR(?) email, I am the sponsor.
Spouse didn't get any AOR.
Can't link the application, maybe it's because I only have my UCI (sponsor) and not my spouse's?
The application ID is in the email I received as well, but apparently I also need the UCI of my spouse (PA)?
Is it normal for the sponsor to get an AOR and not the principal applicant?

Email quote: "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)"
AOR only goes to the sponsor. You will get PA’s UCI in medical request and biometric instruction letter

Reactions: CBarr

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Sponsor got AOR.
I have linked it to my GC account.
I was just wondering, how does OWP works for paper application. I have sent them OWP related documents, just want to know how does OWP get linked to GC account?

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Here is my timeline.

Thanks!
Hope you are putting right details for linking got GC account. This is how I linked mine
- category PR
- sub category Family class Spouses
- application detail - UCI and family name
- at the end for number of members who are part of application should be 2

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Successfully linked application in Sponsor's GCKey account.
Steps used as follows:

• Permanent Resident
  • Family Class (Spouses)
  • Application Number and UCI
    • used the UCI of the Principal Applicant and Application Number we received
  • Place of Birth
    • city and country exactly as it shows in the Principal Appicant's passport
  • Province
    • the one that was selected in one of the application forms
  • Town
    • the one that was selected in one of the application forms
  • Current Marital Status
    • self explanatory
  • Number of family members
    • the Sponsor and Principal Applicant count as 2
    • if you have dependents as well then it's 2 (Sponsor and PA) + dependent count

TTTHost

Jul 30, 2022
People need to keep in mind that this is a rumor. I know a few applicants who got COPR number in late October and then got the portal invite in early November, so, don't freak out folks. I'm also stuck at this stage, but it's better to be stuck at this stage than at, say, waiting for AOR.
Hello. What does portal invite mean? my spouse's account is already linked to GcKey. Please advise. Thanks!

James Lyrie-Stewart

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Hello. What does portal invite mean? my spouse's account is already linked to GcKey. Please advise. Thanks!
Portal invite usually refers to the email you get when your PR application is officially approved. The email will confirm the approval, and ask for PA's personal info to create a PR portal login for virtual landing. I believe this is only for inland applications.