Inland, paper.
Jan 13, 2022 Package was received by IRCC
Mar 16, 2022 AOR
Mar 17, 2022 Request for medical exam
April 4, 2022 Medical exam passed
September 6, 2022 Eligibility check completed, pre arrival service letter
September 7, 2022 Background check completed

Nothing new until today
Do you know how long the back ground check takes or it varies from your birth country? I was happy I got my OWP but I really want my COPR so I can start my life fully.

thanks for your time

hoahoa

Jul 25, 2017
Do you know how long the back ground check takes or it varies from your birth country? I was happy I got my OWP but I really want my COPR so I can start my life fully.

thanks for your time
From what I observed, the background check time is different case by case. I saw many ppl got their background check completed months after the eligibility check completed while mine is only 1 day after that.

In addition to my previous post, my OWP was issued on April 21, 2022 which is less than 3 weeks after medical exam result.

Reactions: Kiikii and YVR123

BurgerLover

Star Member
Sep 13, 2022
From what I observed, the background check time is different case by case. I saw many ppl got their background check completed months after the eligibility check completed while mine is only 1 day after that.

In addition to my previous post, my OWP was issued on April 21, 2022 which is less than 3 weeks after medical exam result.
Okay great. I received my OWP fairly soon after my medical exam too.
Okay I’ll just wait and see
Fingers crossed!

thanks for your time and wish you the best!

Reactions: Kiikii and hoahoa

potatochips

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Was able to link my OWP on GC Key today (submitted on August 29 after AOR)
Inland, Online
Submitted: June 5
AOR: August 25
MR: August 25
Medical Completed on PR Tracker: Sep 8

Ghost update on the tracker as well
Idk maybe it's just bec I linked the OWP??? lol

Last edited:
Reactions: BurgerLover

hoahoa

Jul 25, 2017
Trust me, the status of Gckey, Ecas and Family class tracker are all different for me. As of today:
1. Ecas: finally decision made (despite I haven't received any letter on that).
2. GcKey: both eligibility and background check are in progress (despite I already received the pre-arrival letter in Gckey)
3. Family class tracker: "in progress" but both eligibility and background check are completed. There's COPR number and expiry date.

I got nervous and refreshed my mailbox like 9999 times a day in the last 7 days (after I received my pre-arrival letter). But yeah, still nothing.

Rany88

Nov 11, 2021
Hello,
My Spouse got her work permit recently, Do I have to inform IRCC when she starts working? thanks

Applied in may 2022 in land

BurgerLover

Star Member
Sep 13, 2022
Hello,
My Spouse got her work permit recently, Do I have to inform IRCC when she starts working? thanks

Applied in may 2022 in land
No, When I got my work permit I just started to work once I got my SIN number.
So ensure she gets her SIN number from service Canada and that’s all she needs!

Hope this helps!