+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recent content by Aussie Dude

  1. A

    PR Renewal – Time Outside Canada: Child Accompanying Canadian Citizen Parent on Vacation

    Hi there, I’m looking for some clarification regarding Section 5.5, “Time Spent Outside Canada,” for a Canadian PR card renewal. When a child spends time abroad with their parent, who is a Canadian citizen, together on vacation, which reason code should be recorded for the child? Would it be...
  2. A

    PR Card Renewal – Dependent Child Attending Boarding School in Another Country

    Scenario: Our daughter lived for a period of time outside Canada with her Canadian citizen mother. She then began attending a boarding school in a different country — one that is neither Canada nor the country where her mother currently resides. Would the days our daughter spends attending...
  3. A

    Validity of current PR card after a new PR card is issued

    Scenario My current PR card is valid until early next year. I plan to apply for a PR card renewal soon. I also plan to travel overseas using my current valid PR card. What happens if my new PR card is issued while I am still overseas and in possession of my current valid PR card? Does the...
  4. A

    Separate PR card renewal applications

    Background While my Canadian ex-spouse and I were still married, our children and I obtained permanent residency through her family sponsorship. Since our divorce, our children have been living overseas with my ex. Meanwhile, I moved to Canada alone and have been continuously residing here. As...