+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your application has been updated!

yepyep

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got an update email.. Went on and no messages and no updates.. And then clicked my application and my medicals have been set to passed. Application still open and review in progress still. No other changes. Sent in my Apr exactly a week ago. So I guess its good that I know they are already reviewing my application!

ANXIOUS1

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
I got an update message also. My score is 289. I have to make better profile on job bank if it is working as I placed no emphasis on it since it was not working. Good luck everyone

sam123_0

Feb 12, 2015
sambib said:
Whats your score? May be you updated something on your profile?
No I have not updated anything since submitting the application. My score is 350 so I don't even login to the website

velveteen

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-15-2015
AOR Received.
11-15-2015
tareqjaber said:
Hello guys,

I have just received this msg:

Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information.

Has anyone else got this msg as well?

I have checked my account but there is no change. Any clue?

By the way, my score is 379 point.

Ragrds
Hi,
I am not entirely sure about this but I have experienced these 'ghost' notifications from CIC in the past. This has happened to me when I had applied for temporary visitor visa, and after creating EE profile (I know at least 2 other people who experienced 'ghost' notifications as well). I assume this is some kind of a bug in the system which sends out the notification when actually nothing has been updated.

Dynonobel

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Nanaimo, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
velveteen said:
Hi,
I am not entirely sure about this but I have experienced these 'ghost' notifications from CIC in the past. This has happened to me when I had applied for temporary visitor visa, and after creating EE profile (I know at least 2 other people who experienced 'ghost' notifications as well). I assume this is some kind of a bug in the system which sends out the notification when actually nothing has been updated.
Yes, many users report receiving these. It does seem as if it is an error in the design of the system. If I had to guess, something was changed on your file behind the scenes. It could be as simple as it was transferred to an agent and entered into his/her queue, or any number of other activities. I do think that the email is sent in error though, as I can't suggest any plausible reason for CIC to send these emails on purpose.

VipsB

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
It appears that there is a separate workflow for cic assessment officers for each application and on any event in that worklow, we are also getting the notification mail.

rj1jr

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Every time I get this message there will be a draw, may be after 2 days or so. This is the 3rd time I am experiencing the same. But last time I didnt get any message. Don't know whats happening...

Dynonobel

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Nanaimo, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rj1jr said:
Hi all,

Every time I get this message there will be a draw, may be after 2 days or so. This is the 3rd time I am experiencing the same. But last time I didnt get any message. Don't know whats happening...
I experience it differently, so I wouldn't read too much into that. I've received a few ghost emails but none of them came before a draw.

caprisj

Sep 5, 2015
I got the same email that my profile is updated. When I logged in unfortunately my scores have gone down by 25 points. I had 430 earlier.
Instead of 50 points for work experience and language that I had, now its showing 25 points.
That's weird?

Anyone with similar experience?