Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hello Friends,

I would like to participate this thread.

Thanks

aouksh974

Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2010
Nomination.....
14-12-2010
Interview........
14-12-2010
Salam 3likom,

Guys I found a file to be downloaded, it contains great lists of more than 120 associations, organizations and others those offering help and assistance to new comers. Do not let it go it very important..

Here is the Link:
toofiles.com/fr/oip/documents/rar/repertoire-complet.html

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

I am confuse about my Education points for Quebec Immigration.

I am from India and I have taken Education in India only.

I found following links to calculate my points, but still confusion......

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-immigration-education.html

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf

Schooling

Post secondary school technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies 8 points

Post secondary school technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies in training listed in Section A or B of the 'Areas of Training' criterion 10 points

Master's Degree 12 points

Areas of Training

Québec Degrees - SECTION B – Principal applicant: 12 points - COLLEGE LEVEL TECHNICAL TRAINING - Computer Science Techniques (DCS - 3 years)

Foreign Degrees - SECTION C – Principal applicant: 6 points - COLLEGE LEVEL TECHNICAL TRAINING - Computer Science Techniques (DCS - 3 years)

I am very confused about Area of Training Points. My highest degree is MSc-CS but there is no points mention in list of Area of Training for MSc-CS degree and I did my MSc-CS by Distance kerning mode. so I don't expect any point from this degree but I can not hide my any Education from immigration forms submissions.

When I try to find Training area point for my 3 years Computer Diploma. I got 2 places where Computer Science Techniques (DCS - 3 years) is mention. First in Section B for Quebec Degree (12 point) and another in Section C for Foreign Degrees (6 Points). I am confuse about Quebec Degree and Foreign Degree and I do not understand whether they will award me 6 or 12 Points.

Please reply in details. Thanks

qsw

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
nd
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
19may2011
hi visa experts
you will get 6 point,if you did your study in quebec , your degree/ diploma from quebec then you could get 12 points.
foreign degree means from other than quebec.

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qsw said:
hi visa experts
you will get 6 point,if you did your study in quebec , your degree/ diploma from quebec then you could get 12 points.
foreign degree means from other than quebec.
Thanks for reply.....

How many points will I get for Schooling and Training Area?

12 Points for Master Degree (Schooling) + 0 Point for Training Area for MSc (not mention) = 12 Points

OR

12 Points for Master Degree (Schooling) + 6 Point for Training Area for Diploma (Section C) = 18 Points

OR

8 Points for Diploma (Schooling/ Section C)+6 Point for Training Area for Diploma (Section C) = 14 Points

satya

Mar 3, 2008
kathmandu
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
?
AOR Received.
?
IELTS Request
?
File Transfer...
?
Med's Request
?
Med's Done....
?
hello visa export !
Don't be confuse
your points will be education 12+ area of training 0= 12
this is sure because whe I had applied for CSQ in 2007 I was given 0 in area of training. I did MSc cs from sikkim manipal university. It is distance education.
I had applied by calculating ponts from area of trainging but they din't give. and I was rejected. so pls be care on area of training.

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satya said:
hello visa export !
Don't be confuse
your points will be education 12+ area of training 0= 12
this is sure because whe I had applied for CSQ in 2007 I was given 0 in area of training. I did MSc cs from sikkim manipal university. It is distance education.
I had applied by calculating ponts from area of trainging but they din't give. and I was rejected. so pls be care on area of training.
Thanks a lot for your reply.
I think, I have got the right person who can answer best for my questions.

You wrote, you got 12 Points for Education and 0 Points for Training Area for your distance learning MSc-CS Master Degree. My case is same.

I want to know, what degree/ diploma you did before MSc-CS. What is your field of graduation? I mean, what is your Degree/Diploma title and field of Study?

If candidate has done 2 degrees, bachelor and Master. If training points for bachelor degree is 6 Points and Master degree is 0 Points, then How many points candidate will be awarded for Training Area section?

Whether they consider only higher degree or they may award points for lower degree for training area. It is very confusing.

Please clarify in details.
Candidate who have already applied for QSW can reply the best answer.

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Visa Expert..

I think..but not sure... if you have done bachelors and Masters...and if your bachelors degree is eligible for some points ...well then you will get the points...it does not matter what masters you have done...i think that is precisely the logic for allotting points

1. For the Years of education

and separately for

2. Area of training..

I think i cud be wrong...but i wen i had applied i had thought of this logic

Good luck
Shahi

Ecinaj

Dec 29, 2010
PLease help my confused friend---LIve-IN Caregiver in Quebec

My friend is a Live-In Caregiver in Quebec Province. Her work permit and visa will expire on May2011. She is planning to apply for PR after May2011(complete the 24 months). But her employer does not want extend their contract after May2011.
---Is it best to process the "change of employer" before May2011?
---In applying for PR, since she is in Quebec, Is she suppose to apply in federal? or in Quebec government?
Correct us if we understood this wrong:
--- while the PR and OWP is on process, while waiting for it to be approved... the live-In caregiver can work to any job(commercial stores,etc) or any family employer without applying for a work permit.
---when PR has been approved, she can work to any employer she wants without having to apply for a work permit.
PLease share your knowledge or experience. Thank you :-D

CSQ_Applicant

May 2, 2010
Hi Visa Expert,

I think you should get 12 points for this because on the list they have mentioned that the degrees should be Quebec Degrees or Quebec Equivalent if you look at the footnote.

So, now the question is how to determine the equivalence. Quebec has published a list of equivalance with all countries but I don't know where I saw that.

In the extreme circumstance, you can get your documents evaluated by getting accredition from foreign credential recognition society in Canada ( they have quite a few of them ). They would require notarized copies of your diploma certificate, marksheets and the syllabus so that they can map the equivalence.

Don't consider that the diploma you have comes under the foreign diploma without any evidence.

Regards,

Ajit

visaexpert said:
Hello

I am confuse about my Education points for Quebec Immigration.

I am from India and I have taken Education in India only.

I found following links to calculate my points, but still confusion......

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-immigration-education.html

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf

Schooling

Post secondary school technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies 8 points

Post secondary school technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies in training listed in Section A or B of the 'Areas of Training' criterion 10 points

Master's Degree 12 points

Areas of Training

Québec Degrees - SECTION B – Principal applicant: 12 points - COLLEGE LEVEL TECHNICAL TRAINING - Computer Science Techniques (DCS - 3 years)

Foreign Degrees - SECTION C – Principal applicant: 6 points - COLLEGE LEVEL TECHNICAL TRAINING - Computer Science Techniques (DCS - 3 years)

I am very confused about Area of Training Points. My highest degree is MSc-CS but there is no points mention in list of Area of Training for MSc-CS degree and I did my MSc-CS by Distance kerning mode. so I don't expect any point from this degree but I can not hide my any Education from immigration forms submissions.

When I try to find Training area point for my 3 years Computer Diploma. I got 2 places where Computer Science Techniques (DCS - 3 years) is mention. First in Section B for Quebec Degree (12 point) and another in Section C for Foreign Degrees (6 Points). I am confuse about Quebec Degree and Foreign Degree and I do not understand whether they will award me 6 or 12 Points.

Please reply in details. Thanks

CSQ_Applicant

May 2, 2010
Hi Visa Expert,

I think you can claim the maximum points possible for your area of expertise and the level of education.

For example, if you have a master's degree in, say Management or MBA and a Bachelors in Chemistry.

Then, you can claim 12 points for your level of education i.e. Master's.

And 16 points for the Field of Education i.e. Chemistry ( preferred List ).

You don't need to calculate both the attributes from the same degree.

Calculate from the best you are getting.

Coming to your previous question, if the title of your Diploma is Diploma in Computer Science, and the relavant qualification they have given for 12 points is Computer Science Techniques, I am quite confident that an equivalence can be establised because the word "diploma" and "techniques" are words which support the level of education ( in your case something after the High School but not of the university Level ) i.e. the collegiate level as per the quebec description.

As far as the field is concerned, it is exactly computer science. Confusions can occur in cases like "Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering", "Computer Systems Engineering" etc. but you are not caught in such a scenario.

Still, if you have any concern just mail the quebec guys, a very short and crisp mail asking them to mail you the equivalence document, if they have any or guide you the link on the internet where it is available.

So, go ahead . All the best.

visaexpert said:
Thanks for reply.....

How many points will I get for Schooling and Training Area?

12 Points for Master Degree (Schooling) + 0 Point for Training Area for MSc (not mention) = 12 Points

OR

12 Points for Master Degree (Schooling) + 6 Point for Training Area for Diploma (Section C) = 18 Points

OR

8 Points for Diploma (Schooling/ Section C)+6 Point for Training Area for Diploma (Section C) = 14 Points

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
visaexpert said:
Thanks a lot for your reply.
I think, I have got the right person who can answer best for my questions.

You wrote, you got 12 Points for Education and 0 Points for Training Area for your distance learning MSc-CS Master Degree. My case is same.

I want to know, what degree/ diploma you did before MSc-CS. What is your field of graduation? I mean, what is your Degree/Diploma title and field of Study?

If candidate has done 2 degrees, bachelor and Master. If training points for bachelor degree is 6 Points and Master degree is 0 Points, then How many points candidate will be awarded for Training Area section?

Whether they consider only higher degree or they may award points for lower degree for training area. It is very confusing.

Please clarify in details.
Candidate who have already applied for QSW can reply the best answer.
This really confuses me, too. I have a Bachelor in Sociology, which would get me 2 points under Area of Training, but a Master's of Sociology as well. My Bachelor is from Canada but from 7 years ago, my Master's is not from Canada which I got 3 years go.

Would my points be?

12 Level of Education + 2 Area of Training?

Or 10 Level of Education +2 Area of Training?

Or 12 Level of Education + 2 Area of Training?

Very confused!

yogie

Jan 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi , visaexpert

I am also in confusion about the points given for Diploma and Area of Training.

As in my case, I have also Completed Post Seondary Technical (I.e. 12+) Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering (2.6 Years, and totals years of Education -> 12+2.6= 14.6 years)
So as per the rules how many points I would get

Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies - 6 points

OR

Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time
studies in training listed in Section A or B of the 'Areas of Training' criterion - 10 Points

And for Areas of Training

Installation and Repair of Telecommunications Equipment - 12 Points
(DVS - 1,800 hours / 2 years) Section B (Quebec Equivalent)
(which is my current field of job related to Diploma and it is on Priority List
but not sure that it is equivalent to Quebec or not?)

OR

Section C (Quebec Equivalent)-Electronics Technology (DCS - 3 years) - 6 Points

OR

Installation and Repair of Telecommunications Equipment - 6 Points
(DVS - 1,800 hours / 2 years) Section C (foreign degree)

OR

Section E (foreign degree) Electronics Technology (DCS - 3 years) - 0 Points

SO here is the following four possibility of getting points for me

1. 6 points for education & 0 Points for Training (as per Sction E(foreign degree) of Training) -6+0= 6 Points

2.6 Points for Education & 6 Points for Training (as per Section C(foreign degree) of Training)- 6+6=12 Points

3. 6 Points for Education & 6 Points for Training (as per Section C(Quebec Equiv.) of Training)-6+6=12Points

4. 10 Points for Education & 12 Points for Training (as per Section B(Quebec Equiv.) of Training )-
10+12=22 Points

So for me it is necessary to get 22 Points for Education & Training in order to be eligible for apply for CSQ, but I am not sure that would they allot me 12 points for training or not? ,that is as per Section B of Quebec Equivalent for Installation and Repair of Telecommunications Equipment (DVS - 1,800 hours / 2 years)

Also here is the site for comparing the study between Quebec and other Countries ,but does not include INDIA so how to check for that Quebec Equivalence Degree for INDIA.

http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca/epi/help/en/listePdf.jsp

If anybody have any info please reply,

Thanks

arezoo fadaei

Feb 24, 2010
Dear Friends
Dear sir/ madem
I am new to this forum and i really need help from ur side.
Let me introde myself as i am computer engineer and applied for canadian immigration in May 2010

I apply from IRAN
Thanks a lot for all the info for the interview.
I want to ask you a very basic thing which I am not clear about JOB OFFER .
I've tried and sent resumes to companies, but no answers have been
Our job(me and my hasband) are both on the list of occupation. I just hope that this would be a positive interview because we have heard that there have been cases that was rejected after the interview.what should i do ?

Please help me... II am very nervous...
Good Luck to all you and all the people waiting for there oppurtunity to get to Canada!
ramasamy chidambaram

petrajo

May 28, 2010
Dear All

This is a massage to all users of this forum including qorax and specially to those living in Montreal/Quebec.

Am a Quebec selected immigrant, one person ONLY, and will be landing on 21/02/2011 in Montreal. I hope you can suggest something for me regarding the following.

- Am looking for a temporary accommodation in Montreal, say one-bed room flat, a hotel etc. Can you suggest something as safe and temporary accommodation with acceptable price?

- How much amount of money should I have and how much I must show at the airport during the process of landing? Do I need to pay tax in case I have more than 10000 Canadian dollars?

- What is the best area to stay in Montreal i.e. north, south or downtown….

- Any advice regarding health insurance!

Your advice and any information you can provide would be very much appreciated.

Thanks guys and ladies for your dedication and all your fine help!