+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

You are a Quebec selected Applicant

petrajo

May 28, 2010
Dear All

Am happy to tell you that I got my passport back with visa affixed on it. Absolutely wonderful to have immigration visa NOT any visa!!!!

For all those attending an interview or thinking to apply/applied to Qubece; all you need to do in the interview is to show the best of your personality, face and you are the one for Canada. Of course your profile is very important, I was over qualified.
Regarding the French; all you need is the basics. I did 7 level of French course I never done any French tests or certificates even I could not practice it in Jordan but I have shown that I can do it and have interest in the language.

To give you a background of my timeline.

Office: Damascus

File: filled and applied on 05/2006

Interview: 11/2008 – interview was only 10-20 min. The counsellor did his best to convince me Canada is the best on earth and I do not need to hesitate or aware of moving to Canada. The interview was 99% in English language.

Documents: full papers sent on 01/2009

Process: file in process on 01/2009

Updates: updates request on 12/2009 – 01-02/2010

Medical: 05/2010 or 04/2010 – can not remember!

Passport request: 07/2010 or 06/2010 – can not remember!

Visa: 07/2010

Hope this is helpful for all those thinking of Quebec. One thing to keep in mind is that; it is a waiting game. It took me so long because of: doing education from 4 different countries and worked in many different countries. In other words, the background took them very long time to confirm that am fine….

Am moving on March 2011. I wonder if anyone can help/suggest something regarding my questions.

- am landing in Montreal
- How much money do I need to have in hand?
- am looking for a temporary accommodation and what is the period of temporary accommodations; any URLs
- where to live in Montreal
- if any one already in Montreal, then please pass your experience to us
- am sure I will ask again and again…..

All the best

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Hey thanks beauhoe for your regualr updates..and yes we are looking for detailed description.

Hey Petrajo,

Very nice then. Good luck and thanks for sharing your detailed experience.

Shahi

instantane

Jul 23, 2010
I'm a Quebec selected applicant. I got my PPR in May, and will come back to canada definitely in August.
Still don't know where to go. Thinking of Montréal and Calgary...

Any advice?

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
petrajo,

Congratulations.
It was a long wait indeed, specially it took a year to get a process update..that must be frustrating.

Good luck.

& Congratulations to instantane..wish u all the best.

Last week my cousin has landing in Quebec. As soon as i get any information..i'll post it here for sure :)

Good luck everybody..

Pray :)

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
petrajo said:
Dear All

Am happy to tell you that I got my passport back with visa affixed on it. Absolutely wonderful to have immigration visa NOT any visa!!!!

For all those attending an interview or thinking to apply/applied to Qubece; all you need to do in the interview is to show the best of your personality, face and you are the one for Canada. Of course your profile is very important, I was over qualified.
Regarding the French; all you need is the basics. I did 7 level of French course I never done any French tests or certificates even I could not practice it in Jordan but I have shown that I can do it and have interest in the language.

To give you a background of my timeline.

Office: Damascus

File: filled and applied on 05/2006

Interview: 11/2008 – interview was only 10-20 min. The counsellor did his best to convince me Canada is the best on earth and I do not need to hesitate or aware of moving to Canada. The interview was 99% in English language.

Documents: full papers sent on 01/2009

Process: file in process on 01/2009

Updates: updates request on 12/2009 – 01-02/2010

Medical: 05/2010 or 04/2010 – can not remember!

Passport request: 07/2010 or 06/2010 – can not remember!

Visa: 07/2010

Hope this is helpful for all those thinking of Quebec. One thing to keep in mind is that; it is a waiting game. It took me so long because of: doing education from 4 different countries and worked in many different countries. In other words, the background took them very long time to confirm that am fine....

Am moving on March 2011. I wonder if anyone can help/suggest something regarding my questions.

- am landing in Montreal
- How much money do I need to have in hand?
- am looking for a temporary accommodation and what is the period of temporary accommodations; any URLs
- where to live in Montreal
- if any one already in Montreal, then please pass your experience to us
- am sure I will ask again and again.....

All the best
Good news... Congratulations!!!!
Cheers,

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
thanks beauhoe for updates :) we get a kind of satisfaction from ur posts :)

congradulation to petrajo and instantane :) best of luck guyz!!!

jkcad

Aug 12, 2010
HI Guys,

I am New to this Forum. Please Keep it alive. I am also waiting for Passport request now. But I dont know if my medical has been received by bufalo office because i cannot see my ecas. it does not work for me. I got my csq in March 2010 and medicals done on June 30.

Do you know if i am missing something for ECAS?

Good Luck to all.
JK

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,
I got my visa on July 9, 2010 and drove to Alexandria Bay (border NY/Ontario). Left town around 6pm and arrived at the border at 3am. The trip was great because I was full of energies I felt like I was going home to meet with my people.
At the border, I decided not to go through the US customs because I did not feel like I have to. A Canadian customs officer greeted me and I told him that I am here to land. He asked for my visa and I gave him my passport. He filed up one of his yellow cards, asked me if I have foods, gun or anything that I would like to declare. Of course my answer was no. He then sent me to meet with an immigration officer in one of their offices behind him. He told me to get ready to show the immigration officer my landing document, car title as well as a document showing my bank account balance. Welcome to Canada, I hope you enjoy your life here he said. I am looking forward to do so officer I replied and drove to the front of the building.
Once in the building, I was greeted by a very tired young looking immigration officer (It was 3am and I was the only one that early morning) and again I told him that I am here to land. He asked me for my passport and the landing doc. He took a look on my visa and asked me:
1. What was your job status in the US?
2. … I answered
He then put my passport on the desk and took the landing document and asked several questions:
1. Do you have dependents?
2. Yes.
3. Could you circle “yes” and put your initials he said
4. Sure!
5. Is there is any crime that you committed and you did not reveal it to your VO?
6. I said yes, but I am sure that they know about it (his face changed)
7. What that will be?
8. My love for Canada I said (He look at me shack his heard and smile back to me)
9. That will not be a crime, could you please circle “no” (on the landing doc.) and put your initials here
10. Yes sir.
11. Do you have in cash $10,000 or more with you today?
12. No!
13. Any bank statement or cash that you would like to show me today?
14. I handle him a letter from my bank showing my balance. I do have $xx USD with me, would you like to count it I asked.
15. No, I trust you.
16. He wrote the total amount that I told him in my landing doc., the date, landing place, signed the document and asked me to put my signature.
17. Congratulations on your PR and welcome to Canada he said before directed me to office#2 where a lady helped me with my car and list of goods to follow.
It took me 52mn and 39sec from the time that I face the first officer to the time that I was physically out of the building. At that point I did not receive any pamphlet or, address book. It was a very good experience. I am on my 26th day in this land and I am enjoying it.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jkcad said:
HI Guys,

I am New to this Forum. Please Keep it alive. I am also waiting for Passport request now. But I dont know if my medical has been received by bufalo office because i cannot see my ecas. it does not work for me. I got my csq in March 2010 and medicals done on June 30.

Do you know if i am missing something for ECAS?

Good Luck to all.
JK
Welcome to this forum my friend.
1. Click on this link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en
2. Click on continue
3. Check "I have read,...
4. CLick on continue
5. For identification type, use your "immigration file number" starting with B...
6. Family name that you put on your file
7. Birthday on your file and
8. Place (country) of birth
9. Click "continue"
my friend, you should be able to see your status. Let us know if this works for you.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shahi said:
Hey thanks beauhoe for your regualr updates..and yes we are looking for detailed description.

Hey Petrajo,

Very nice then. Good luck and thanks for sharing your detailed experience.

Shahi
Hey my friend, how things are moving with you?
Cheers,

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Hey beauhoe

Nice to hear about your landing experience. i m waiting for my interview date to arrive..hoping for the best..good luck!!

Shahi

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shahi said:
Hey beauhoe

Nice to hear about your landing experience. i m waiting for my interview date to arrive..hoping for the best..good luck!!

Shahi
You are going to get it... Let me know about the date to send you my prayers.
Take care my friend,

money

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
Processing Started:04-03-2015
Interview........
17-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oath Date : Nov 12, 2015
Hi Beauhoe

Good to know u and abt ur landing experience... i have a query please help me .. i cant c my currently living country name in e-cas .. what should i do .. to be fact i send a case specific enquiery on july 22 to london office to know abt my case status as well as to update my address in e-cas.. but i didnt got any reply till 2day... what should i do... how can i solve my problem..

Thanks
Money

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
money said:
Hi Beauhoe

Good to know u and abt ur landing experience... i have a query please help me .. i cant c my currently living country name in e-cas .. what should i do .. to be fact i send a case specific enquiery on july 22 to london office to know abt my case status as well as to update my address in e-cas.. but i didnt got any reply till 2day... what should i do... how can i solve my problem..

Thanks
Money
Hello my dear,
Oh! Could you tell me which country are you living in? The best way to contact CIC is through case specific enquiery. Be patient they are going to contact you.
Cheers my friend,

money

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
Processing Started:04-03-2015
Interview........
17-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oath Date : Nov 12, 2015
beauhoe said:
Hello my dear,
Oh! Could you tell me which country are you living in? The best way to contact CIC is through case specific enquiery. Be patient they are going to contact you.
Cheers my friend,

Hi

I am living in Sweden and the immmigration office is in london...do u think thy will give reply because its almost 22 days gone .. there is any other alternate way to contact them regarding the update of my address and to know about my case status. This is last month of normal processing time of my case .. i am a quebec selected skilled worker and my federal time is 6 months but i dont know wht is the problem in my case they r taking long time...

Thanks
Money