+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Yes Yes Yes, Viva Buffalo ! online status is "In Process" AOR - October, 21 2009

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Today my e-case changed to "In Process" in Buffalo visa office that is my timeline:

Initial application to Nova Scotia: June 8, 2009

Received the approval letter from NS : August 19, 2009 (via email)

Sent full documnets to Buffalo: Sep 23, 2009

Received AOR from Buffalo : October 21, 2009 (via email)

Got an email from Buffalo asking for an RCMP fingerprint on April 6, 2010 (Via email)

Today: May 3, 2010 e-case changed to "In Process" at Buffalo.

That is my e-case:

We received your application for permanent residence on June 8, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on August 19, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Buffalo office on August 25, 2009. The Buffalo office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on April 30, 2010.

By the way, My Buffalo file number, CIO file number, and Client ID number (on my study permit) are showing the same above information exactly as they were showing the same step by step since the beginning.

My application was not transfered to anywhere else.

NOC: 1111 - Accountant (Category 1)

International student in Canada since 2 years (Category 3)

Please pray for me.

Wish you all the best of luck.

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
overall - 8 (7 above in each)
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
Re: Yes Yes Yes, Viva Buffalo online status is "In Process" AOR - October, 21 2009

did your status changed just now ... ie on 3rd may ??????

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Yes Yes Yes, Viva Buffalo online status is "In Process" AOR - October, 21 2009

aybee said:
did your status changed just now ... ie on 3rd may ??????

Yes, just now, I was checking everyday even in the weekend until yesterday, and it was "Received by the visa office", and just today morning it was changed to "In Process".

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010

professional 1 said:
Yes, just now, I was checking everyday even in the weekend, yesterday, and it was "Received by the visa office", and just today morning it was changed to "In Process".
Congrats. I think you passed the visa office eligibility review. They often email medical request right away when they start processing but sometimes they take more time. Do you happen to know why?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

googleman said:
Congrats. I think you passed the visa office eligibility review.

Yes, thank god, I hope the rest of the process goes smoothly.

Actually i am surprised that Buffalo changed the e-case to "in Process" almost same day they started the processing ! i know that this step usually takes at least one week ! they started on friday and changed it on Monday ! i think they are improving thier processing procedures.

Regarding the time taken to mail the medical forms and that stuff, it depends on each case individually, there is no standerd base for it.

Anyway, I believe it is better for us if they finish their background checks and other stuff before issuing the medical forms not to waste any time from the validity of the medicals which is one year.

Thank you googleman and wish you the best of luck.

anjay

Star Member
Aug 14, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2009 at CIO
Doc's Request.
18-09-2009 by Buffalo
AOR Received.
18-09-2009 first AOR from CIO
IELTS Request
18-09-2009 by Buffalo
File Transfer...
20-05-2010 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
05-07-2010 my lawyer received by mail, but delayed due to wife is pregnant
Med's Done....
11-04-2011 sent after new baby has been added
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-05-2011 3wks after sending medicals
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2011 done inperson, same day pick-up
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 via Lewiston Bridge by land

Hi Professional
That is great, now they are moving. I just checked mine this morning and my status has changed too. Now it says:

We received your application for permanent residence on July 2, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on September 18, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review.
We transferred your application to the Buffalo office on September 22, 2009. The Buffalo office may contact you.

My question is, I only submitted my docs to Buffalo on Jan 18 then had to resubmit on Mar 9. So I am not sure why they said they transfered my docs to Buffalo on Sep 22. I got my initial AOR from Sydney on those dates. Can anybody shed light on this? or is this normal?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

anjay said:
Hi Professional

My question is, I only submitted my docs to Buffalo on Jan 18 then had to resubmit on Mar 9. So I am not sure why they said they transfered my docs to Buffalo on Sep 22. I got my initial AOR from Sydney on those dates. Can anybody shed light on this? or is this
normal?
Hi anjay, yes it is normal, they mean the electronic submission of your application directly from the CIO to Buffalo which has nothing to do with you. All of us went through the same matter because it is a standard procedure for the CIO to submit an electronic copy of the approved applications to the visa office.

What is your e-case showing now ?

anjay

Star Member
Aug 14, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2009 at CIO
Doc's Request.
18-09-2009 by Buffalo
AOR Received.
18-09-2009 first AOR from CIO
IELTS Request
18-09-2009 by Buffalo
File Transfer...
20-05-2010 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
05-07-2010 my lawyer received by mail, but delayed due to wife is pregnant
Med's Done....
11-04-2011 sent after new baby has been added
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-05-2011 3wks after sending medicals
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2011 done inperson, same day pick-up
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 via Lewiston Bridge by land

Oh that makes sense then...thanks. My ecase using file number from CIO AOR says RECEIVED BY VISA OFFICE. I've yet to get the file number from Buffalo.

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........

well best of luck, professional1 :)

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009

Hi Professional 1,

BIG BOG Congrats!!!!!! buddy. I am with same time line with u, but no news yet . now after your case changed to in process i got worried ,,,, i don t know man what to say about my case anyways,

congrats once again

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008

Congrats, professional1! :) Now your case should get moving quicker. fingers crossed for you!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

anjay said:
Oh that makes sense then...thanks. My ecase using file number from CIO AOR says RECEIVED BY VISA OFFICE. I've yet to get the file number from Buffalo.

As long as you can see the e-case status "Received by the visa office", you are in the safe side because it means that they created a file for you in their system and entered your information, but somehow misssent the AOR.

If you want to know your new file number just send them an email explaining that your e-case status is showing Received by the visa office and you do not have your new file number yet to use it for any future correspondence.

Good luck.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

ja77 said:
well best of luck, professional1 :)

Thank you so much ja77, and hope the best of luck for you too.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

bravoo said:
Hi Professional 1,

BIG BOG Congrats!!!!!! buddy. I am with same time line with u, but no news yet . now after your case changed to in process i got worried ,,,, i don t know man what to say about my case anyways,

congrats once again

Hey bravoo, thank you so much man, and do not worry i am sure that you will be hearing very good news about your application soon.

Wish you the best of luck.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

kisunja said:
Congrats, professional1! :) Now your case should get moving quicker. fingers crossed for you!

Thank you so much Kisunja, and hope that your case goes very fast and smoothly.

Wish you the best of luck.