+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong marital status on eCOPR

firstQuestion

Mar 20, 2024
I just got got my eCopr but my marital status is showing single. I got married a month before the I received the ecopr ( when my application is in process) and I immediately notified the IRCC through the web form when i got married. I received an acknowledgement message and I thought they would have updated everything. I am suprise to receive my eCopr and see my status as single. I don't necessarily plan to sponsor my wife as she is on PGWP and already processing her on PR. Please what do i need to do and will it have effect on my PR approval (i mean pr withdrawn)? Thanks.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got got my eCopr but my marital status is showing single. I got married a month before the I received the ecopr ( when my application is in process) and I immediately notified the IRCC through the web form when i got married. I received an acknowledgement message and I thought they would have updated everything. I am suprise to receive my eCopr and see my status as single. I don't necessarily plan to sponsor my wife as she is on PGWP and already processing her on PR. Please what do i need to do and will it have effect on my PR approval (i mean pr withdrawn)? Thanks.
Did you do more than just simply notify IRCC of your marriage? Did you add your [now] wife to your own PR application? If you did NOT...you need to contact IRCC ASAP to have her `officially' added, which will delay your PR process. Do not land as a PR until you have this sorted out!

Reactions: scylla

firstQuestion

Mar 20, 2024
I am already in Canada under pgwp before my PR approval. My wife is also in Canada under pgwp. I am not necessarily sponsoring my wife. The goal is just for them to fix my marital status as married.

Did you do more than just simply notify IRCC of your marriage? Did you add your [now] wife to your own PR application? If you did NOT...you need to contact IRCC ASAP to have her `officially' added, which will delay your PR process. Do not land as a PR until you have this sorted out!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Contact IRCC again and tell them you need to return your eCOPR. Your marital status cannot be updated on your eCOPR without your spouse being added to your application as a dependent. This means your spouse must provide all of the relevant forms, take and pass the medical, provide PCCs, etc.

firstQuestion

Mar 20, 2024
Okay. I will try again. Is there any repercussion in the future as this is not actually my fault (just in case they never reply). I followed what they ask of me but they just failed to make proper updates. Also, my wife will not be getting PR through me, thus i will not be filling for her in the future.

Contact IRCC again and tell them you need to return your eCOPR. Your marital status cannot be updated on your eCOPR without your spouse being added to your application as a dependent. This means your spouse must provide all of the relevant forms, take and pass the medical, provide PCCs, etc.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay. I will try again. Is there any repercussion in the future as this is not actually my fault (just in case they never reply). I followed what they ask of me but they just failed to make proper updates. Also, my wife will not be getting PR through me, thus i will not be filling for her in the future.
Really? Why would you want to have an official document showing your gender being incorrect? IMHO, you have no idea if this would have `repercussions' in future, but it sounds like you're ok with the mistake, so...C'est la vie!