+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would like to work and live in Canada

S

Sylviasvc

Hello! I'm a from Peru. For the last 3.5 years I have been working with an L2 visa in the US as a Marketing & Sales Rep for an Austrian Company. I have worked for the same company in Europe: Vienna , Austria during 1 year between 2003-2004.

Additionally during 2005-06 I worked as a Marketing Consultant for the Hispanic segment at PNC Bank in Pittsburgh, PA.

I've got a first degree as an Economist in my home country and later an MBA degree at Bristol Business School in the U.K.

Since last June I'm living back in Peru and now I would like to work and live in Canada. Is there a chance I find a job related to my career in Toronto while I'm in Peru?

nkem

Nov 27, 2007
well can i find work were u are working i will like to work with u what do u think. thanks

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since last June I'm living back in Peru and now I would like to work and live in Canada. Is there a chance I find a job related to my career in Toronto while I'm in Peru?
Only God knows the answer.
Try to send resumes and Cover letters to the Canadian companies with possible positions.

mark16

Nov 9, 2007
Hi,

I wish you much success in looking for work. As you start submitting your resume to employers and job board, you may want to insure that your resume is professional and sells your experience, knowledge and skills on paper. The job search can go to waste is the resume is poor. Nothing is worse then spending ours sending our resumes, only for employers to place you in the "no thank you" pile. I would suggest the following steps:
Prepare your resume
Send out resumes
Refine your interview skills.

HRinmotion.com is a well known job preparation company that may be able to assist you with your resume and interview skills. They work with high profile companies throughout Canada and US as well as global job seekers.

A few job boards I would recommend are:
www.monster.ca
www.bctechnology.com
www.workopolis.com
www.canadajobs.com
www.careerbuilder.ca

If you require any additional information, I would be more then happy to assist.

I wish you much success in the new year.

Regards,

Mark

debsong

Jan 17, 2008
Hi, Mark:

Can you tell me your fee for helping foreigners finding a job in Canada (Quebec)?
Thanks.
Deborah

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
Immigration Canada has a program established for those who want to come to Canada and so choose to say you wish to work and live in the Laurentians..there is a great need for professionals here where I live and your line of work is in demand here. You wouldn't have a problem finding work.

Rogers AT&T and other cell companies hire all the time. I am helping someone at the moment and he is working for Rogers. I got him transfered to Montreal for the moment because there is no Rogers office here, so that he will be closer to me and then will find him a job in the Laurentians as he is very qualified and then he can come and live in the beautiful Laurentians where the people are great and lots of mountains and lakes.

There is plenty of work in Canada..just state you would like the Laurentians or anywhere in Canada where your skills are needed. Then after a year if you don't like the place you can move to another province. They appreciate it when you say you are ready to go anywhere and therefore may have a better chance than those who want to come to Montreal or Toronto.

I always tell people to state they are ready to go anywhere and I find that they are processed more quickly to fill the need.

mark16

Nov 9, 2007
Hi Deborah,

Unfortunately I do not help people look for work. I know of job preparation services (e.g. resumes, interview training etc.). I do however have a lot of contacts with recruitment /staffing companies and I would be more then happy to pass on some contacts. Where ins Canada are you looking to move? What specific field or industry are you in or looking for work?

mark16

Nov 9, 2007
Hi Deborah,

I do know of a recruitment company in Montreal that may be able to help you out with your search in Quebec. I would request contact me via this site and I can provide you with details. Also, I can review your resume before you send it off to them.

Regards,
Mark

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Deborah,

You should absolutely not send your resume to anyone in this forum.

Get the name, address and website of a well-established job recruiter and send it to them.

sielo

Jan 25, 2008
Hi,
Mark it is nice to give the links. I just want to ask which area of Canada looking for Graphic Designers If you know. I saw some sites but there is not information of this kind.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Silviya

Bluff Master

Star Member
Feb 12, 2008
All the posts by the members are helpful. Perhaps someone can suggest me something too.
I am looking for a Business Analyst position in Canada. I am ready to relocate anywhere. Currently I am in US but I plan to move to Canada as soon as all my immigration process is complete i.e., without any problems.

My next question is what's the best route to go? Shall I apply from here or shall I go to Canada and then search for a job?

Suggestions please!

mark16

Nov 9, 2007
My suggestion is start applying for jobs now. There is a need for resources and employment is up 33% in Canada..much better then USA. So start sending your resume out, never know...you may have a job lined up by the time you settle in Canada.

Best of luck!
Mark

Bluff Master

Star Member
Feb 12, 2008
Thanks for the positive response on Canadian job market. All I hear about job market there is bad, but any positive news makes me happy.

stikaberber

Mar 13, 2008
i just wanted to ask wish area in canada in looking for computer software analyst ( i have a 4 years university diploma and 2 years of experience), is it easy to find a job in ALBERTA??

roya

Apr 23, 2008
I am an Afghan woman who has been working for 6 years in UN organization as administrative, here I have security problem so I would like to live and work in canada, is it any chance that I immigrate with my two children to canada and find a job there.