+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would a Sales and Service Rep from RBC count as NOC 6235?? Please help!!!

SW1993

Oct 14, 2015
I have a job offer from RBC as a Sales and Service Rep at the Advice Centre and my job duties are as follows:

-Provides professional, responsive customer service to inbound client calls, assisting clients with their immediate financial needs.
-This role typically receives 70-80 calls per day/shift while being seated for the full shift facing a computer.
-Recommends products and services and/or shares information with clients to meet their immediate financial needs and provides superior, responsive execution and delivery of tailored client transactions.
-Resolves problems at first point of contact in a friendly and helpful manner and refers more complex situations to RBC partners, as appropriate.
-Adheres to compliance routines in carrying out transactions.
-To achieve higher levels of proficiency and rewards in this role, effectiveness in selling RBC products, services and solutions to clients will be required.

The NOC 6235 Job description from CIC website is as follows:

Financial sales representatives sell basic deposit, investment and loan products and services to individuals and businesses. They work in banks, credit unions, trust companies and similar financial institutions.

Main duties
Financial sales representatives perform some or all of the following duties:

-Open new personal and non-personal accounts, and provide access to automated banking machine, telephone banking and online banking services
-Interview applicants for personal, mortgage, student and business loans
-Promote the sale of deposit, investment, credit and loan products and services
-Assist clients by proposing solutions to address financial objectives such as business expansion, debt management, investment and other financial goals
-Research and evaluate loan applicant's financial status, references, credit and ability to repay the loan
-Complete credit and loan documentation
-Submit credit and loan applications to branch or credit manager with recommendations for approval or rejection; or approve or reject applications within authorized limits ensuring that credit standards of the institution are respected
-Prepare statements on delinquent accounts and forward irreconcilable accounts for collector action
-Review and update credit and loan files
-Act as joint custodian for cash and securities.

Based on this info, would a Sales and Service Rep at RBC counts towards my PR under NOC CODE 6235?

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No. It sounds like NOC 6552 to me.

paragbabar

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
I had a similar role in another bank. Just that had I did term investments in addition to banking. Got ITA under CEC. Using 6235 coz most responsibilities match.