Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
Dear amaniziad

wish u gud luk. your understanding about medicines is right. Do keep extra budget for the same say CAD 100 per month (god forbid if u r bound to use it).

All the estimate types about cost of living, from the seniors specially Qorax, should be seriously taken under consideration while preparing your budget ... lets say for first six months. What i understand from your post is that u r already an expatriate and must be aware of so many hidden costs one has to pay after relocation that u never ever imagine while preparing move. Same goes with Canada. Use your experience and work out very conservative estimates so u r prepared for the worst financial scenarios.

This surely is for our kids. Almost all of us r on the same boat

Gud luk again
asyousuf

AeriPun

Oct 14, 2010
Dubai (UAE)
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
2010-08-10
LANDED..........
2011-07-28
Ash_1967: Excellent post. Yours is the kind of response that can help readers with a rounded perspective. I'd say the best so far in this thread. May I inquire more about the medical expenses - you've said the consultation is covered (by OHIP, I presume) but the cost of medicines are not, if thats the case, this is a cost (Medical is free or provided by Govt in Canada - becomes a misleading statement - on many websites...). Thanks.
PUNEET SHARMA

ash_1967

Jul 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1231 (1111)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2009
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
01-03-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done on 15/01/2009 and submitted with full docs to Visa Office on 12/03/2010
File Transfer...
10-03-2010
Med's Request
01-06-2010 (Received by My Lawyer in Canada on 15-06-2010)
Med's Done....
26-06-2010 and Medical & Passports Sent on 28-06-2010 which Recd by CHC on 29-06-2010
Interview........
Waived by grace of God
Passport Req..
01-06-2010 (Received by My Lawyer in Canada on 15-06-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on 22nd and issued on 22/07/2010 and Received on 24/07/2010 by grace of God
LANDED..........
Still not decided
@Aeripun

Only the consultancy is covered but medicines are not free. If you r working with employer who facilitates medical benefit or you have owned personal insurance policy than it is covered but % of coverage depend on policy to policy once have. As per Canadian government medical facility means doctor consultation only but not the medicine. Yes, for senior citizen it is free by paying some of amount of medicine cost that is very less.

Ash

amaniziad

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Appreciate your kind efforts to give me all the required guidance …. about education and medical expenses and cost of living ...etc....
I find all of u masters Qorax, Asyousuf, ash_1967, aeripuncorazon3……. Thanks a lot ..

Still need your opinion about the following :
I heard about , Kitchener, Brampton, waterloo, Hamilton , which one do u think is convenient for me to live as single mother ... I am presently working in banking field ( admin. ) with experience in administration and in hotel business as well for 5 years. Also, I can speak little French .... And I was doing tuition at home ( math , Arabic and French) for primary classes in my home ( Dubai).

So If I go to live in one of the mentioned places (Kitchener, Brampton, Hamilton) it will convenient for us ( good school , reasonable rent, good neighborhood and helpful communities, easy transport ) what do think .....

thanks

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amaniziad said:
Appreciate your kind efforts to give me all the required guidance .... about education and medical expenses and cost of living ...etc....
I find all of u masters Qorax, Asyousuf, ash_1967, aeripuncorazon3....... Thanks a lot ..

Still need your opinion about the following :
I heard about , Kitchener, Brampton, waterloo, Hamilton , which one do u think is convenient for me to live as single mother ... I am presently working in banking field ( admin. ) with experience in administration and in hotel business as well for 5 years. Also, I can speak little French .... And I was doing tuition at home ( math , Arabic and French) for primary classes in my home ( Dubai).

So If I go to live in one of the mentioned places (Kitchener, Brampton, Hamilton) it will convenient for us ( good school , reasonable rent, good neighborhood and helpful communities, easy transport ) what do think .....

thanks
If you are looking for a job in Banking field ( admn) I would suggest you to stay close to Toronto. Most of corporate offices of Banks are located in downtown Toronto and are accessible by subway. If you write in resume that you stay in Kitchener, Hamilton, waterloo and apply for a job in Toronto , chances are that you will not be called for interview. Toronto is definately the financial capital of Canada. Staying in Bramption or Mississauga and working in Toronto is still ok but try to stay close to Toronto as much possible and the place should be well connected to a direct service of TTC which can take you to subway. Hopping from Bramption transit to TTC and the to subway can be very time consuming. Also think about Etobicoke as a possible destination. It is not very easy to reach toronto from Bramption without car, still it is workable. Toronto is all English and knowing French or not knowing French will not effect the job prospects.
I can say all this cause I work in a corporate office of a bank in Toronto and i do know more than a sh_t. Visiting some cities of Canada and asking bystanders or knocking doors of people about the job prospects and liveable expense, I would definately not recommend.

sofiajohns12

Sep 27, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-09-2007
Doc's Request.
26-06-2010
Med's Done....
27-11-2010 and 18-12-2011
Interview........
26-10-2011
Passport Req..