+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

working whilst waiting for bridge working visa

adelek

Aug 11, 2019
Hi everyone, I understand you can apply for a temporary work Visa whilst you wait for your PR application decision, but can we continue to work whilst waiting for the temporary work Visa? Our IEC visas runs out end of Jan and it looks like the temporary work visa can take 3 months to arrive, so can we continue to work on implied status until that comes or do you only get implied status once you receive the temporary work visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone, I understand you can apply for a temporary work Visa whilst you wait for your PR application decision, but can we continue to work whilst waiting for the temporary work Visa? Our IEC visas runs out end of Jan and it looks like the temporary work visa can take 3 months to arrive, so can we continue to work on implied status until that comes or do you only get implied status once you receive the temporary work visa?
It's a bit difficult to answer your question with so few details.

Assuming you have applied for PR through a program like Express Entry, have recieved ITA and submitted your complete application - then yes, you can apply for a BOWP and can continue working on implied status while you wait for a decision in BOWP. Make sure IRCC receives the BOWP application before your IEC expires.

Reactions: adelek

adelek

Aug 11, 2019
It's a bit difficult to answer your question with so few details.

Assuming you have applied for PR through a program like Express Entry, have recieved ITA and submitted your complete application - then yes, you can apply for a BOWP and can continue working on implied status while you wait for a decision in BOWP. Make sure IRCC receives the BOWP application before your IEC expires.

thank you this would be my situation - as you described! Would I receive a temporary SIN since my current one will run out Jan 30 2020. Or do I continue to use that one under 'implied status' ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
thank you this would be my situation - as you described! Would I receive a temporary SIN since my current one will run out Jan 30 2020. Or do I continue to use that one under 'implied status' ?
You continue to use the same SIN. You can't renew it until you have a valid work permit.