+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working in gap between end of course and Francisation

barrybobbla69

Mar 24, 2024
Hi,

I am an international student completing a one year exchange at the end of April. I have a study permit that is valid until 31st August and was wondering if anyone could help me with the following query!

I wish to undertake the Francisation programme offered by the Quebec government in July/August - if I am accepted into this study programme, would that permit me to keep working during the gap between the time I receive my university results and the start of the French courses?

On the IRCC website, they have the following statement:

"Students who have completed a program of study and will be starting a new program of study within 150 days of receiving a written confirmation of program completion from their current institution
Students may work off campus on a full-time basis until the start of their new program if the following applies:

• they meet the eligibility criteria to work off campus [R186(v)]
  • they have received written confirmation of program completion from their current institution (for instance, a transcript or an official letter)
  • they have submitted an application to change conditions, extend their stay or remain in Canada as a student before their current study permit expired, or they still have a valid study permit
  • they have been issued a letter of acceptance to a subsequent program of full-time study at a DLI and will be starting the new program within 150 calendar days of receiving a notification of program completion from their current institution"
Would the Francisation courses count as a DLI, if they're at UQAM or one of the other universities in Montreal?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I am an international student completing a one year exchange at the end of April. I have a study permit that is valid until 31st August and was wondering if anyone could help me with the following query!

I wish to undertake the Francisation programme offered by the Quebec government in July/August - if I am accepted into this study programme, would that permit me to keep working during the gap between the time I receive my university results and the start of the French courses?

On the IRCC website, they have the following statement:

"Students who have completed a program of study and will be starting a new program of study within 150 days of receiving a written confirmation of program completion from their current institution
Students may work off campus on a full-time basis until the start of their new program if the following applies:

• they meet the eligibility criteria to work off campus [R186(v)]
  • they have received written confirmation of program completion from their current institution (for instance, a transcript or an official letter)
  • they have submitted an application to change conditions, extend their stay or remain in Canada as a student before their current study permit expired, or they still have a valid study permit
  • they have been issued a letter of acceptance to a subsequent program of full-time study at a DLI and will be starting the new program within 150 calendar days of receiving a notification of program completion from their current institution"
Would the Francisation courses count as a DLI, if they're at UQAM or one of the other universities in Montreal?
Is it a full time program and at least six months in length?