+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working in Canada on visit visa

basilnba

Sep 28, 2015
Hi,

Happy New Year!

Pls note I am holding a multiple entry visit visa (v1) which is valid until Nov 2017. I have an active express entry profile and have a CSC score of 382 points. I will get a job in Missisuaga once I landed. So pls advise is it legal to work in Canada on V1 visa and while working I can apply for my PR. Also pls advise the procedure to get work permit too. I can come to Canada in Feburary since my UAE residence visa is valid until Feb 10th.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately, You aren't able to work with out work permit which is illegally here in Canada.
I would suggest that find Canadian employer who willing to give you job offer and LMIA in order to obtain work permit so you can work legally in Canada.

However, as you mentioned above. Your CRS Scores is pretty good but not enough to get invitation to apply permanent resident. Try to improve you scores by re-take the IELTS test, etc. furthermore you can search job through the following website:

1. http://ca.indeed.com/
2. http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng

All the best

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As mentioned above - it is illegal to work in Canada as a visitor. You will have to obtain a work permit if you want to work. And before you can apply for a work permit, you'll need to find an employer who can offer you an LMIA.

You should also note that your score is too low to be selected under Express Entry. You should see what you can do to increase is to 450 or more.

basilnba

Sep 28, 2015
Dear Meya,

Thank you for your valuable advise.

Unfortunately, You aren't able to work with out work permit which is illegally here in Canada.
I would suggest that find Canadian employer who willing to give you job offer and LMIA in order to obtain work permit so you can work legally in Canada.

However, as you mentioned above. Your CRS Scores is pretty good but not enough to get invitation to apply permanent resident. Try to improve you scores by re-take the IELTS test, etc. furthermore you can search job through the following website:

All the best
[/quote]