+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Holiday Visa vs. Young Professional Visa

ozchris89

Jan 10, 2016
Hi guys,

I am a 26 year old German IT-consultant and i am currently thinking about moving to Canada in June/July (if i get a job in my field of work).
1. I am wondering which visa would suit me (or my future company) more?
2. Should I already know (and include) which visa i apply for when i write a job application? Or should I leave the visa topic out of my job application?
3. As far as I figure I could apply for both visas as I finished uni 4 month ago, is that true?
4. Did i understand it right that the working holiday visa is given randomly and the young professional visa is given like "first-come-first-serve"?

Thanks for your help,

Christian

y-axisoverseas

Dec 16, 2015
Canada is a good option for anybody to pursue future career & even gain international exposure & experience.

This country offers various visa options to foreign skilled workers.

Now, are you planning to work in Canada for a long term or short term as accordingly you would need to meet the eligibility criteria & apply for the respective visa options.

1. Short term – Work permit/Work holiday visa
2. Long term – Permanent Resident.

I wish you all the luck.
For more information on the same you could also refer to Canada’s official migration website: www.cic.gc.ca

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
y-axisoverseas said:
Canada is a good option for anybody to pursue future career & even gain international exposure & experience.

This country offers various visa options to foreign skilled workers.

Now, are you planning to work in Canada for a long term or short term as accordingly you would need to meet the eligibility criteria & apply for the respective visa options.

1. Short term – Work permit/Work holiday visa
2. Long term – Permanent Resident.
You don't even understand the question - not sure why you bothered replying. Further proof y-axis is a bad immigration agency and should be avoided at all costs.