+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working holiday requires job offer now?

May 2, 2021
I spoke with a visa consultor based in toronto about getting my aussie girlfriend into canada with some working rights.

She informed me of the requirement of a job offer to be allowed into the pool of potential candidates. She also informed me that my girlfriend does not need to take this job when she arrives.

What requirements are there for the job offer then? And is this true?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So does she have her IEC or even applied? Right now, yes she needs a valid job offer. All on the webiste:

Attach a copy of the job offer to your email message before sending your email to us. Your job offer needs to include the following information:
  • Business’s legal name and business’ operating name
  • Job title
  • Physical job location including city and province or territory
  • Main duties of the job
  • Expected start date of employment
  • Expected duration of employment
  • Employer’s primary contact information
  • Wage and hours of work (your job offer must meet the minimum wage requirements of the province or territory where you plan to work).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/iec/about.html

May 2, 2021
[
So does she have her IEC or even applied? Right now, yes she needs a valid job offer. All on the webiste:

Attach a copy of the job offer to your email message before sending your email to us. Your job offer needs to include the following information:
  • Business’s legal name and business’ operating name
  • Job title
  • Physical job location including city and province or territory
  • Main duties of the job
  • Expected start date of employment
  • Expected duration of employment
  • Employer’s primary contact information
  • Wage and hours of work (your job offer must meet the minimum wage requirements of the province or territory where you plan to work).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/iec/about.html
So to clarify a couple things. My girlfriend has not applied for IEC yet. What I was wondering is if she needs a job offer to apply for it or before she applys for it.

Also, does she need to take the job when she arrives in canada or can she find a different one?