+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working holiday expired, can I re-enter the country on a visitors visa while working remotely for a Canadian company?

Dec 20, 2023
I'm Australian and my working holiday visa expires in two weeks. I am working for a Canadian company which is 100% remote, and I am doing my work from Australia. I planned to return to Canada in February with an LMIA but that is no longer an option. I have a couple of questions:

1) Can I continue to work for the company from Australia without a valid work permit and get paid into my Canadian bank account?
2) Can I re-enter Canada on a visitor's visa while working for the company?
3) What is my best option for a new visa outside an LMIA?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm Australian and my working holiday visa expires in two weeks. I am working for a Canadian company which is 100% remote, and I am doing my work from Australia. I planned to return to Canada in February with an LMIA but that is no longer an option. I have a couple of questions:

1) Can I continue to work for the company from Australia without a valid work permit and get paid into my Canadian bank account?
2) Can I re-enter Canada on a visitor's visa while working for the company?
3) What is my best option for a new visa outside an LMIA?
1. You can work for the company outside Canada. Don’t know if you should be paid into Canadian account. You need to look at your tax laws.
2. Yes, as long as you aren’t working for the company while visiting.
3. Can you get a second WHV? Do you want to immigrate? If so look at Express Entry and PNP programs.

Dec 20, 2023
thank you!

I'm looking into ROs. I don't have 12 months of continuous work experience in Canada - do I still qualify for PNP programs?