+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worker Visa cancelled after entry. What are the prospects?

brickerino

Apr 16, 2024
Hello!
tldr: My wife and I are in Canada as temporary workers. My wife is the Principal Applicant and has a contract for a year. Today we received an email from IRCC that our Visas were issued with 'an error' and have been canceled. The agent doesn't seem to know that we have already entered Canada and asks us to bring our passports back to VAC. What is going on and what our prospects?

Full timeline and more details:
My wife had received an offer for a year-long contract at UdeM. Her position is LMIA-exempt. We made the application. On January 24 we received an invitation to bring passports to VFS/VAC. On February 19 the Visas were issued. On about February 29 we received our passports with Visas. On April 5 we entered Canada and received our Temporary Work Permits. Today we received an email from the original visa-issuing office stating that
"Please be advised that there has been an error in finalizing your applications since the medicals you attached to your files were not taken into consideration while processing your work permit applications. In order to travel to Canada, you are kindly requested to provide an updated employment letter(not exceeding 5 MB) as a reply to this e-mail, and both you and your spouse are kindly required to re-send your passports to VAC along with this e-mail/letter."
We didn't have any problems with our medicals that we knew of. We don't have any serious health problems and passed the exams a couple of months before the Visa submission, the Visa processing took one year, after that we passed one more set of medical exams and at the moment of entry we had valid medicals with us, but nobody asked for them.

So the question is what is happening and what are our prospects here? I'm asking because if we are asked to temporarily leave the country, we will probably have to try some appeal/Judicial Review, and there is a time limit to start it, and IRCC works very slowly.
In the meantime we will reply to IRCC describing our situation and sending required documents.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello!
tldr: My wife and I are in Canada as temporary workers. My wife is the Principal Applicant and has a contract for a year. Today we received an email from IRCC that our Visas were issued with 'an error' and have been canceled. The agent doesn't seem to know that we have already entered Canada and asks us to bring our passports back to VAC. What is going on and what our prospects?

Full timeline and more details:
My wife had received an offer for a year-long contract at UdeM. Her position is LMIA-exempt. We made the application. On January 24 we received an invitation to bring passports to VFS/VAC. On February 19 the Visas were issued. On about February 29 we received our passports with Visas. On April 5 we entered Canada and received our Temporary Work Permits. Today we received an email from the original visa-issuing office stating that
"Please be advised that there has been an error in finalizing your applications since the medicals you attached to your files were not taken into consideration while processing your work permit applications. In order to travel to Canada, you are kindly requested to provide an updated employment letter(not exceeding 5 MB) as a reply to this e-mail, and both you and your spouse are kindly required to re-send your passports to VAC along with this e-mail/letter."
We didn't have any problems with our medicals that we knew of. We don't have any serious health problems and passed the exams a couple of months before the Visa submission, the Visa processing took one year, after that we passed one more set of medical exams and at the moment of entry we had valid medicals with us, but nobody asked for them.

So the question is what is happening and what are our prospects here? I'm asking because if we are asked to temporarily leave the country, we will probably have to try some appeal/Judicial Review, and there is a time limit to start it, and IRCC works very slowly.
In the meantime we will reply to IRCC describing our situation and sending required documents.
None of us can tell you why this has happened. Suggest getting a lawyer involved.

Reactions: Taran D