+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit

lynn1979

Mar 14, 2024
Good day everyone

My fiance will be arriving in Newfoundland from Jamaica in July on a closed work permit seasonal agricultural. My question is how will we go about getting him to stay when his work permit for this seasonal job expires or the agricultural job is completed?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good day everyone

My fiance will be arriving in Newfoundland from Jamaica in July on a closed work permit seasonal agricultural. My question is how will we go about getting him to stay when his work permit for this seasonal job expires or the agricultural job is completed?
To work, another LMIA with closed work permit. Or if wants to stay without working change status to visitor.

lynn1979

Mar 14, 2024
To work, another LMIA with closed work permit. Or if wants to stay without working change status to visitor.
This is what we don't know... which is the easiest way for him to stay? Can he apply for another work permit and search for jobs?
If he stays as a visitor and I sponsor him we need X amount of money in the bank.correct?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This is what we don't know... which is the easiest way for him to stay? Can he apply for another work permit and search for jobs?
If he stays as a visitor and I sponsor him we need X amount of money in the bank.correct?
He can work if he has another approved LMIA and then apply for another work permit. He cannot apply for work permit without a LMIA. Sponsor him for what?

lynn1979

Mar 14, 2024
If for some reason he doesn't get approved for another work permit I can sponsor him as a visitor. But how much money would be required to do this

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If for some reason he doesn't get approved for another work permit I can sponsor him as a visitor. But how much money would be required to do this
There is no such thing. He applies for a visitor record with his bank statements and valid reasons to stay. Show as much as possible because he cannot work.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So how do we go about getting this LMIA work permit?
He gets a job offer and employer willing to file and pay $1k for a LMIA. The LMIA proves that no Canadian/PR can be hired and has the education/skills/language. Once he has LMIA, he applies for work permit showing his experience to do the job.

lynn1979

Mar 14, 2024
Well I guess another work permit is out. He has no other skills/experience besides the agricultural.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes. You both are in Newfoundland with fiancés from Jamaica who are coming to Canada on agriculture work permits. You have the same profile.