+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Outside Canada

Augustus20

Oct 13, 2022
Good Day,
Please i have applied for work permit outside Canada and its been over 60 days now, no updates on my account. my Accounts show like this

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility Help - Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents Help - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview Help - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics Help - Biometrics
  • September 2, 2022 Completed.
Background check Help - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Help - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

i wanted to know which stage am i in.

am i close to PPR or something.....

am a PNP Nominee with employer Support and from Ghana.

Any Advise pls and thanks so much

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good Day,
Please i have applied for work permit outside Canada and its been over 60 days now, no updates on my account. my Accounts show like this

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility Help - Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents Help - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview Help - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics Help - Biometrics
  • September 2, 2022 Completed.
Background check Help - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Help - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

i wanted to know which stage am i in.

am i close to PPR or something.....

am a PNP Nominee with employer Support and from Ghana.

Any Advise pls and thanks so much
Your application has not started eligibility review nor medicals yet. Processing time for Ghana is 27 weeks.

Augustus20

Oct 13, 2022
but it says i do not need any medicals cos i am applying for TRV and work permit. i am applying for employer specific work permit (close work permit) not open work permit. i saw for open work permit. The Open Work Permit Canada processing time can be from 3 to 27 weeks depending on your country of citizenship. After this time passes, you will get a decision from the Canadian Consulate.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
but it says i do not need any medicals cos i am applying for TRV and work permit.
Because you just applied and your file has not even started review yet. The different sections will change as the application is processed. Eg. You may need an interview too. You will need a medical because you are coming to work in Canada and staying over 6 months.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents/country-requirements.html

Augustus20

Oct 13, 2022
ok, am awaiting for these updates.... am praying no medicals... do u have roughly idea how much the medicals cost in USD.....

thanks so much for the info

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
ok, am awaiting for these updates.... am praying no medicals... do u have roughly idea how much the medicals cost in USD.....

thanks so much for the info
You will need a medical if you are coming to work in Canada. Why do you need it in USD? All fees are in Canadian (up to $300). Here is the link for processing. Doesn’t matter if closed or open unless you are under the GSS program for a high skilled job (NOC A). What is your NOC?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Augustus20

Oct 13, 2022
i have 6 years experience and currently still in that job field. i have my job offer letter as well as my employment reference letter from my current employer. a single. the province is New Brunswick.

check these sample work and study permits.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ImmigrationCanada/comments/s32dlh
https://www.globalmigrationnetwork.com/2021/12/14/new-approval-for-canada-study-permit-7th-december-2021/

with the study permit, the POE requires medical exams while the work permit POE says N/A

needs more clarifications

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i have 6 years experience and currently still in that job field. i have my job offer letter as well as my employment reference letter from my current employer. a single. the province is New Brunswick.

check these sample work and study permits.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ImmigrationCanada/comments/s32dlh
https://www.globalmigrationnetwork.com/2021/12/14/new-approval-for-canada-study-permit-7th-december-2021/

with the study permit, the POE requires medical exams while the work permit POE says N/A

needs more clarifications
For the example you posted where is the person from? Your example is a person who has an ETA so likely from the UK and doesn’t require a medical. Not all citizens of certain countries require medicals. I gave you the link for medicals, look up your country.

Augustus20

Oct 13, 2022
OK checked and Ghana require medicals. Great

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
OK checked and Ghana require medicals. Great

Right. Your sample letter you posted states the person has an ETA so from UK (as an example) and would not require a medical.

Augustus20

Oct 13, 2022
OK .. i understand that. u asked of the province am moving in as well as employment letters.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
OK .. i understand that. u asked of the province am moving in as well as employment letters.

Ok. All you can do is wait. In the meantime, if you want to immigrate through the NOC, you will need IELTS and ECA (education assessments). Not sure what program for NOC B.