+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WORK PERMIT LMO PLEASE NEED HELP

Wory

Apr 15, 2011
HI,I working in Alberta and my employer dont need me any more,my work permit will expire on 8 Mart 2013
I find new employer and he is apply for LMO ,but for that time that he need to get new LMO my work permit will expire,what I need to do to stay in Canada please give me advise ?

EasyCanadaVisa

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
You can apply for a restoration of your status within 90 days of expiry of your WP. During that time you won't be able to work with the new employer.

Wory

Apr 15, 2011
Thanks for your answer,please tell me? I need apply for restauration WP before my WP is expire,and after I apply I can stay in Canada with expire work permit, and wait new LMO and work permit ?
Thanks for your help .

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If a LMO has been applied for in your favour, you can apply for a WP 2 weeks before the expiration of your current WP. Attach a cover letter explaining you're waiting for the LMO to come out and your WP is expiring and you're sending the LMO (file number) once your employer receives it. (Hope this is still true; haven't been to CIC website for quite a while)

Wory said:
HI,I working in Alberta and my employer dont need me any more,my work permit will expire on 8 Mart 2013
I find new employer and he is apply for LMO ,but for that time that he need to get new LMO my work permit will expire,what I need to do to stay in Canada please give me advise ?

StefanYU

Feb 16, 2012
I think you can also apply for a work permit extension based on the job offer? Not sure tho, so better check with CIC.