+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit from inside Canada processing time

lfg2707

Jan 5, 2024
Hello, can someone tell me the real processing time right now for WP from inside canada with a LMIA for a low wage position I started on Feb 2024. Thank u

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, can someone tell me the real processing time right now for WP from inside canada with a LMIA for a low wage position I started on Feb 2024. Thank u
So you started working? There is no “real” processing time because it changes week to week. Processing is 3-4 months on average.

lfg2707

Jan 5, 2024
So you started working? There is no “real” processing time because it changes week to week. Processing is 3-4 months on average.
I submitted on Feb so 4 months inside Canada? Thats insane taking account that in my country they take 6 weeks. Unbelievable.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I submitted on Feb so 4 months inside Canada? Thats insane taking account that in my country they take 6 weeks. Unbelievable.
It is because of the number of people applying for WP (SOWP, BOWP, PGWP, WP) within Canada which numbers in the hundreds of thousands vs where you live and maybe only a few a month. It is a staffing issue too.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
But you decided to come to Canada as a visitor, correct ?
Your decision.
Then you decided to go look for a job, on said visitor status , correct ?
Your decision.
Then it would have probably have been better to have applied for the job permit in your country .
But you decided to come as visitor .