Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-17-2013
Med's Request
07-24-2013
Med's Done....
07-29-2013
chokra said:
So how many days did it take you receive the paper document since the day they approved your work permit?
I just got the email saying it's approved. Mine expiring end of the month. Thanks.
I got mine 3 days after cic e-mailed me. Cic case processing is in vegreville so it took 3 days fot that secured document to reach me. Check with canadapost how long before a mail from alberta will reach your address. Imo

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
chokra said:
So how many days did it take you receive the paper document since the day they approved your work permit?
I just got the email saying it's approved. Mine expiring end of the month. Thanks.
7 to 10 bus days Max

Zeeshannawabi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
I applied on 27th October for work permit from TRP visa
It's showing 3 months for work permit time in canada
But I still have not any update I call automatically call they said working on it
Any advice please

hemurk

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys - Need some insight.

I have applied for WP extension (same employer) online on 19th Oct, 2015 through my employer and attorney (my representative).

Last week when the status of WP applications on CIC changed to 26 October.. I called CIC call center. They told - "Application has been refused by mistake by the VO and they automatically kept your application on 'Reconsideration'. Your application will be worked upon by another VO and you'll get information when the processing is done"

They also told me.. you are still considered as implied and work as usual, as long as you stay physically in Canada.

Does anyone had this kind of experience before? Any idea how much time usually CIC takes to work on 'Reconsideration' applications? It's been 5 months since I have submitted my application and I'm going nuts!!

Best!

zbiswajit

Jun 14, 2013
chokra said:
My ext work permit issued but didn't recieve it physically even after 6 weeks. Contacted with Canada post several times. How can I apply or get my visa now? Is there any email address to report or I have to apply again.

christopher columbus

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-17-2013
Med's Request
07-24-2013
Med's Done....
07-29-2013
zbiswajit said:
My ext work permit issued but didn't recieve it physically even after 6 weeks. Contacted with Canada post several times. How can I apply or get my visa now? Is there any email address to report or I have to apply again.
Have you received an e-mail from CIC that your application has been approved? If not, it says there that you should contact CIC if you haven't received, after 6 weeks, the secured document sent by them to you.

mirko.alilovic

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
2016panic said:
Hi Guys,

I just applied on my PGWP extension and I just wanted to find out if anyone has gone through the way I did. I got laid off in 2014 Dec and on the CIC website it says I can extend it if I prove that I had gaps in my employment, (Not amounting the 4 years ) so in my letter of explanation, I added my ROE (which has my sev pay) and the the reason I lost my job and my notice of assessment for last year as well as EI benefits T4. Does this apply to getting a positive result do yal think ?

I really appreciate your feedback guys !
PGWPs are non-extendable non-renewable so your application will be rejected anyways. If you applied for a regular work permit that's another story.

zbiswajit

Jun 14, 2013
christopher columbus said:
Have you received an e-mail from CIC that your application has been approved? If not, it says there that you should contact CIC if you haven't received, after 6 weeks, the secured document sent by them to you.
Yes, I have received the email. Can you please suggest any email address to contact with CIC.

2016panic

Mar 9, 2016
I just went with what I saw on the website..if and unless my English isn't that great .. it states that PGWP can be extended with exceptions....

"Applying for a work permit
If you have not worked in Canada in the last four years, you can apply to work in Canada for a maximum of four years. You should keep track of the time you work in Canada, up to a maximum of four years.

If you have worked in Canada in the last four years, you will be allowed to receive a work permit for a period of time that adds up to – but does not exceed – the maximum of four years of work in Canada. All work you do in Canada counts toward your four-year maximum, including all:

Jobs in the National Occupational Classification (NOC)
Jobs that require a labour market impact assessment (LMIA) and jobs that are LMIA-exempt
Jobs with open work permits, including the Post-Graduation Work Permit
Jobs that are exempt from work permits
Work completed during implied status
Internships (if they are not part of full-time studies)
Unpaid work
Work as a volunteer
Self-employed work
Exceptions
When you work within one of the occupations or categories listed below, the time you work in Canada is still counted toward your four-year maximum.

It is only when you apply for a work permit that these exceptions become relevant. An officer may issue a work permit to you if you have a job offer in one of these occupations/categories, even if you have already worked in Canada for four years.

These categories or occupations are the exceptions for which a work permit can exceed the four-year limit:

NOC O and A (including spouses/dependants of these skilled temporary foreign workers)
LMIA-exempt jobs under
International agreements
Canadian interests
Self-support
Humanitarian reasons
Jobs that do not need a work permit
Permanent resident applicants who have received a positive selection decision or approval in principle
Provincial nominees applying for an employer-specific work permit
Any work done while studying in Canada on a full-time basis does not count towards your four-year maximum.

Gaps in employment
During the time that your work permit is valid, you should keep track of any periods of one month or more when you do not work. These gaps in employment may be considered in the calculation of your four-year maximum, as long as you provide proof of these gaps when you apply for your next work permit.

Some examples of acceptable gaps in employment are:

Periods of time spent outside of Canada
Periods of medical leave spent in Canada, if this period is not covered by the employment contract/agreement
Periods of unemployment in Canada
Maternity/parental leave spent in Canada
Some examples of proof documents are:

Passport entry and exit stamps
Official documents indicating that the job started and/or ended on certain dates; for example, a Record of Employment or proof of receipt of severance pay
Letter from a foreign educational institution stating that you were attending their institution for a period of time during the work permit authorization;
Travel receipts, including tickets and boarding passes showing that you were out of the country for a period of time during the work permit authorization, other than a period of paid leave (e.g. sick leave, vacation leave) from your job
Proof of receipt of maternity/parental benefits
Letter from a doctor confirming you were on medical leave for a certain period of time"

KAnimator

May 12, 2014
My work permit extension was denied because my employer accidentally paid for another fee instead of the lmia exempt fee, and I have to leave Canada. Can I go back to the states for a few weeks or a month and apply for a new work permit at an embassy or the border? It would be better than applying online as I wouldn't have to scramble to find an apartment subletter and store my things, among other inconveniences.

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
KAnimator said:
My work permit extension was denied because my employer accidentally paid for another fee instead of the lmia exempt fee, and I have to leave Canada. Can I go back to the states for a few weeks or a month and apply for a new work permit at an embassy or the border? It would be better than applying online as I wouldn't have to scramble to find an apartment subletter and store my things, among other inconveniences.
Can you not apply for restoration?

Zeeshannawabi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Hello guys
I call to cic today and asked them that I applied 27 October but
Nothing final yet
He said he is sending email to my VO
And that's it he can't do anything more.
How long visa officer will take to reply?
Question how many days that will take?
2- will he reply to my email?
Thanks in advance

ula

Mar 11, 2016
Zeeshannawabi said:
I applied on 27th October for work permit from TRP visa
It's showing 3 months for work permit time in canada
But I still have not any update I call automatically call they said working on it
Any advice please
Hi, can I ask you, is there a possibility to extend a work permit with a temporary resident visa? And is anyone can get a temporary resident permit? I'm working full time in Canada (with valid work permit, on IEC program, but extremely want to extend my stay and working in Canada :).

ula

Mar 11, 2016
2016panic said:
I just went with what I saw on the website..if and unless my English isn't that great .. it states that PGWP can be extended with exceptions....

"Applying for a work permit
If you have not worked in Canada in the last four years, you can apply to work in Canada for a maximum of four years. You should keep track of the time you work in Canada, up to a maximum of four years.

If you have worked in Canada in the last four years, you will be allowed to receive a work permit for a period of time that adds up to – but does not exceed – the maximum of four years of work in Canada. All work you do in Canada counts toward your four-year maximum, including all:

Jobs in the National Occupational Classification (NOC)
Jobs that require a labour market impact assessment (LMIA) and jobs that are LMIA-exempt
Jobs with open work permits, including the Post-Graduation Work Permit
Jobs that are exempt from work permits
Work completed during implied status
Internships (if they are not part of full-time studies)
Unpaid work
Work as a volunteer
Self-employed work
Exceptions
When you work within one of the occupations or categories listed below, the time you work in Canada is still counted toward your four-year maximum.
So why if I've worked 5 months in Canada, I cannot extend my work permit? :( I'm on the IEC program right now, working full time. So should I go for exemple to the border and apply there for a work permit? I don't understand... :(