+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Extension (Oct, Nov or Dec, 2015) online or paper base applicants

rukia07

Jun 3, 2016
Hi! Need help in filing in work permit application form IMM5710E, live-in caregiver change employer.
Do I have to leave the slot blank for LMIA#? Coz when I tried to input the LMIA # it won't type in, it just turned gray when I click the validation.

Coz the girl that's helping me with my papers said I have to put the LMIA# of the new employer but the problem is the form won't let me input the number.

Plese help....coz my old work permit will be expiring on September 2016 and I need to submit my forms now.

thanks!

dipkaur

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
rukia07 said:
Hi! Need help in filing in work permit application form IMM5710E, live-in caregiver change employer.
Do I have to leave the slot blank for LMIA#? Coz when I tried to input the LMIA # it won't type in, it just turned gray when I click the validation.

Coz the girl that's helping me with my papers said I have to put the LMIA# of the new employer but the problem is the form won't let me input the number.

Plese help....coz my old work permit will be expiring on September 2016 and I need to submit my forms now.

thanks!
Hi
You don't need to put lmia leave it blank .. Good luck

rukia07

Jun 3, 2016
thank you very much dipkaur!

I've sent already the application but still in doubt about that lmia#, but now that I read your reply I know I made the right thing.

coz the girl that's helping me suggested that I hand written the LMIA# and don't include the barcode validation since I input the LMIA # manually.

and my employer was worried that I'll get rejected because of that LMIA# that I did not include in IMM5710E form.

Now I'll just wait for the result...how long is the processig time?

Thanks!

Roah

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
dipkaur said:
Hi fol
I sent my application on 7 they recieved my application on 9 feb ..
Thank you
[/quote

Hello!
Congratulations on your application
I have a question
I sent my WP extension via paper on May 3 and accdg to the tracking #, vegreville got it the next day,
I am still waiting for AOR, its been a month now. Did you get yours right away?
What happens if there's still no news for WP extension and i have to apply for OWP/PR when I complete my 24 months?
Thank you!

fol

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roah said:
dipkaur said:
Hi fol
I sent my application on 7 they recieved my application on 9 feb ..
Thank you
[/quote

Hello!
Congratulations on your application
I have a question
I sent my WP extension via paper on May 3 and accdg to the tracking #, vegreville got it the next day,
I am still waiting for AOR, its been a month now. Did you get yours right away?
What happens if there's still no news for WP extension and i have to apply for OWP/PR when I complete my 24 months?
Thank you!

you wont get an AOR when your just applying ang extension work permit. for now they are processing Feb 9..... You will get AOR when you apply for owp and pr

Roah

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Thanks for the reply @fol !
I plan on applying for my OWP/ PR in September
Will there be a problem if I don't hear anything regarding my WP extension yet?
I only extended because my current WP expires this June 15
And I'll complete my 24 months in August, i lack 6 weeks for the requirments
Thanks

fol

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roah said:
Thanks for the reply @fol !
I plan on applying for my OWP/ PR in September
Will there be a problem if I don't hear anything regarding my WP extension yet?
I only extended because my current WP expires this June 15
And I'll complete my 24 months in August, i lack 6 weeks for the requirments
Thanks
Theres no problem coz when you apply paper based it takes 3-4months. So if you submitted it lat May youll receive it after 3 months.
Yes your correct that you applied an extension coz your work permit is expiring soon. Dont worry as long as you already submit it, it will be fine. Youll be in IMPLIED STATUS while waiting for your new work permit extension. and when you recieved your extension you can apply for owp and PR on September ;)

Roah

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
@fol
So I can't apply for OWP/PR as long as I don't have the wp extension yet? Or I can? Once I completed 24 months? Thank you!

fol

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roah said:
@fol
So I can't apply for OWP/PR as long as I don't have the wp extension yet? Or I can? Once I completed 24 months? Thank you!
Yes coz they will ask your timesheet of you really completed your working hours experience or 24months.

Vern

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Hello do we need to submit police clearance and apply again for Temporary resident visa if we will extend our work permit? And also, do we need to have medical? Thank you.

Vern

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Hello

In extending work permit do we have to get a police clearance here?
And take medical exam ?

Thank you.