+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit extension help please

annabel04

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
good day, i'm a live in caregiver and i wanna ask what will i do about my situation. i had my new employer and got my new work permit.But my passport will expire next june 2015. So my work permit will also expire before june but i have a 2 year contract with my new employer. i would consume a less than a year according to my contract.what forms do i need to submit for to extend my work permit?i checked cic already but i'm quite skeptical which forms do i need to send. please help me..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

annabel04 said:
good day, i'm a live in caregiver and i wanna ask what will i do about my situation. i had my new employer and got my new work permit.But my passport will expire next june 2015. So my work permit will also expire before june but i have a 2 year contract with my new employer. i would consume a less than a year according to my contract.what forms do i need to submit for to extend my work permit?i checked cic already but i'm quite skeptical which forms do i need to send. please help me..
You apply for an extension of your work permit with a copy of your new passport.

nTam

Nov 15, 2012
hi there, do I need the new LMO when I renewal WP with the current employer under 4 years?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
nTam said:
hi there, do I need the new LMO when I renewal WP with the current employer under 4 years?
Yes - you need an LMO/LMIA.

treb_812

Star Member
Jul 22, 2008
Hello,

I have a friend who is a live-in caregiver. Her work permit was issued for 1 year only because it was based on her passport expiry date. In her LMO she would be given 3 years work permit.

My question:

Could she still use the old LMO to extend her worker permit which is expiring on March?

Please I need your advise.
Thanks...

cesvmc

Aug 3, 2012
i had the same experience but i am under temporary foreign worker program. And my work permit has a note that my LMO was valid for 2years. Do you have the note in your work permit? If you have, then you should be able to apply for extension using your old LMO/LMIA together with your new passport.

in my case, after getting my new passport, i applied for new work permit online just like how we applied for tfw work permit the first time. but i am sure that the forms, requirements and other details are different from LCProgram. so i suggest you search the CIC site where you can find the details of how to apply for work permit under LCP.

other details of my procedure are in this thread:
www(dot)canadavisa(dot)com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t246793.0.html