28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if there is any criteria for the job to apply for spouse’s OWP?
* I just graduated and have been working part time since 2 years ago. But it is part time job(12 month contract job with potential to renew each year(NOC B). Am I eligible to apply for my spouse’s OWP?
Yes - you're good. It just has to be skilled. Doesn't matter if it's contract.

Reactions: Maryhdr

Shanker03

May 22, 2020
There is no section where she just puts your name and you get a work permit too. You have to actually submit an OWP app along with her PGWP app. I suggest you go through the tool.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html
Back again and hopeful of one further answer as we have been told 2 different answers. On the pgwp application it does ask if you want to apply for a family member(common law partner). Do we click yes on this and follow the questions that correspond or do we send in a seperate Owp extension. Lady on immigration help phoneline said we should, canadian immigration officer we used to get here said do a seperate OWP. If we answer no to the family member question, why would they then look for a common law partner. We have everything else in place apart from time is against us but noc A job with 12 months of part time pay stubs. Hopefully get a reply with the answer and this makes sense.

ZaZa20

Aug 5, 2020
Hi ! I applied for my PGWP and now I have been promoted to a position NOC B and I want to apply for my husband work permit extension before his visa expires . Do we I have to apply 30 days before his visa expire or just before the visa expire is ok ??
So I just go online with my paystubs and apply or do I need to wait for my PGWP paper arrive ? Or HE applies ? HELP!

marcosanderson

Apr 21, 2018
Hi, I have a situation I want to clarify before applying.
I'm currently working as an Independent Contractor for a Canadian company on NOC A ( Due to Covid19 we had to suspend activities ), but I just got back last week.
Meanwhile I graduated from school, and I will be applying for PGWP.
I want to know if that's possible to also apply for a Spouse OWP at this time, or if it's necessary to wait at least 3 months.

As her visa will expire in November I'm not so sure I would have 3 months working, so should I apply for another type of extension? If yes, what?

Thanks in advance!

Konok keya

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi, I have a situation I want to clarify before applying.
I'm currently working as an Independent Contractor for a Canadian company on NOC A ( Due to Covid19 we had to suspend activities ), but I just got back last week.
Meanwhile I graduated from school, and I will be applying for PGWP.
I want to know if that's possible to also apply for a Spouse OWP at this time, or if it's necessary to wait at least 3 months.

As her visa will expire in November I'm not so sure I would have 3 months working, so should I apply for another type of extension? If yes, what?

Thanks in advance!
You will need 3 payslips not 3 months...if your payment is monthly you can give 1 or 2 while applying and update giving another one using webform later as her visa is expiring soon

Sep 24, 2020
I got my conditional acceptance from the university in Sep 2019. Then I passed all the conditions and start my education in Jan 2020. Because my status was conditional CIC issued either a 1-year study permit for me and a 1-year open work permit for my wife.
Because of the fact that my study permit was going to expire on 30 Dec 2020( My wife's work permit is going to expire on 30 Dec 2020 too), I applied to extend my study permit and it approved to up to Aug 2022. Now I want to extend my wife's open work permit and in the form, imm5710e under I am applying for one or more of the following I have no idea which choice I have to select. The choices are :

Apply for the work permit with the same employer
Restore my status as a worker
Apply for a work permit for the first time
Get a new temporary resident permit (for inadmissible applicant only)

She is already working in the Amazon warehouse in a fulltime position. My second question is, should I have to write it in the form or not? (I am asking because she got her open work permit based on my study permit and it is a dependent application)

Saeed.snfa

Sep 23, 2018
My wife has open work permit (Accompanying spouse) that is valid until next June and she is working full time and I was graduated last month.
I would like to know if I applied for post graduate work permit, she has to quit her job or she can keep working until her status is valid?

samir5767

Jan 23, 2019
hi anyone who received PGWP and applied for extension of spouse OWP?? if anyone can provide sample of reference letter from employee will be grateful. thank you!!its urgent please

marcosanderson

Apr 21, 2018
Yes, I applied for the extension of my spouse OWP.
Yes, I applied for PGWP.

For my wife:
photo, documents and forms required.
For me:
reference letter, proof of status (letter from college, study visa, document that I applied for PGWP - my pgwp still in process), paystubs

samir5767

Jan 23, 2019
for spouse what documents did you submit??? my PGWP is still in progress. should i wait for approval or just go ahead and apply once i have 3 paystubs?? and is 30 days before expiry is mandatory requirements of extension??

marcosanderson

Apr 21, 2018
They will request the documents... but the ones we submitted was: Passport, marriage certificate.
No, my pgwp still in process as well, and some consultants have told me to apply anyway, if necessary you can update documents later through webform.
I dont know about 30 days...

Leesha

Feb 5, 2021
Hai everyone
I am a full time student in Vancouver B.C and i am going to graduate in april 2021. Currently i am working as a pizza cook and I just want to know if this job comes under Noc B.? Will this job be beneficial for my husband to apply for his OWP Extension?
I am really confused and want help
Please reply

Konok keya

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hai everyone
I am a full time student in Vancouver B.C and i am going to graduate in april 2021. Currently i am working as a pizza cook and I just want to know if this job comes under Noc B.? Will this job be beneficial for my husband to apply for his OWP Extension?
I am really confused and want help
Please reply
The work during student status doesn't count but if you already applied for your Pgwp and doing this job that can be used to apply for his work permit extension!