+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit approved but no LOI sent still waiting 10 days on

matt2171

Apr 5, 2013
Hi,

My work permit has been approved in the letter it said that i will get another email with in 48 hours witch would have my LOI init. 10 days on and still no LOI. I have emailed question@cic asking for a urgent response as my flights are booked and i'm meant to be flying out in a couple of weeks But still no LOI no reply form questions@cic. I called the consult in Sydney Australia and all i get is put it in a email. If this letter is not sent to me all my hard work saving money and organizing this move will be down the drain. How can a organization offer so little help when the mistake was made on there behalf. I'm stuck and can not get any help and by the looks of it i wont be flying to canada and everything gone to wast.

cyang

Apr 13, 2013
Hi, I'm in a similar situation. I was sent my Welcome Letter/approval but still no LOI and it's been three weeks.
Luckily I'm leaving in a couple months so I've still got time, but I have emailed Questions@Cic.gc.ca twice and they have not responded to either of the emails. Did you end up receiving your LOI? Have you reached a solution? If anyone knows anything about this, please let me know.

goldbank

May 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 3,2014
Doc's Request.
August 1,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 3, 2014 received April 2014
LANDED..........
in Canada Sept 2012
Is LOI means letter of introduction?
What is this?
Do you receive it together with your new work permit even if you apply inside Canada?
Thank you.

ss28

Apr 1, 2013
Hi Matt / Cyang,

Did you apply for your work permit online ? if so how many days did it take for you get your approval notice from CIC ?

I applied for my work permit Online from the US and it is more than 63 days and I still havenot heard anything from CIC.

Thanks

cheema_nz

Jan 15, 2010
Questions @ Cic.gc.ca ??? No one ever replies from that email address....I have sent them like dozen emails but never got a reply... :'(

matt2171

Apr 5, 2013
cyang : I emailed them about 20 times. I finaly got a email back about 3 weeks later but still there hopless they just said they would pass on my request to the right office and get back to me. when you email question@cic they say if it urgent put it in the subject line and they will get back to you in 2 working days. But they never do. There system oversaly is failing them but yet it has not been fixed. Not to take phone calls or take so long to reply to emails how can they run a organisation like this i dont understand. my solution well if i dont get it not much i can do as they are so hard to contact.

ss28 : It took about 2-3 weeks I got my LOI sent to me in my CIC account strate away. It's my partner who is having the problem. He got a letter off the consulet in sydney Australia saying it was approved and you would get another email 48 hours later with the LOI. I dont think these guys have any idea how to work there system. Why with one application you get the LOI in your CIC strate away and with another application you start getting emails saying it has been approved and you will get another email with the LOI this to me is a organisation that has not got there shit togehter and very imbarrassing on there behalf.

goldbank : yes the LOI is the letter of introduction
I have no idea the process might be diffrent if your already in the country. The LOI is what you have to give to immagration when you enter the country. It does not matter if it has been appproved if you don't have this letter you cant do anything.

cheema_nz : They do reply but it takes so long but in away your right they will only reply if they feel like it need a reply as they sayu on there automatic reply email when you send a email there hopless and i hope i will never have to deal with these people again .