+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience Before Post Graduation Work Permit

ok123

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Will it be an issue with CIC if I had work experience that's not authorized?

I worked off campus part time after graduation with Off Campus Work Permit before applying for Post Graduation Work Permit. There's about two months of work experience with Off Campus Work Permit after graduation.

I was not aware of the terms of Off Campus Work Permit at that time, and I wasn't even aware until I saw another post on this forum. Now I'm really concerned.

Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone!

ok123

Star Member
May 10, 2014
maria_786 said:
Cic will not accept those 2 months of exp even if it was after u graduates u need to get the exp on PGWP.
Thanks Maria,

I'm not claiming that two months of experience as qualified work experience, but I should still claim it. I'm concerned that CIC will see that as non-compliance of their regulations.

I wasn't aware that there are limitations on Off Campus Work Permit at that time, so I took my time to apply for Post Graduation Work Permit.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much!

lcsxwtian

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
ok123 said:
Thanks Maria,

I'm not claiming that two months of experience as qualified work experience, but I should still claim it. I'm concerned that CIC will see that as non-compliance of their regulations.

I wasn't aware that there are limitations on Off Campus Work Permit at that time, so I took my time to apply for Post Graduation Work Permit.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much!
Read my responses in this post.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cec-starting-t230995.0.html

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ok123 said:
Will it be an issue with CIC if I had work experience that's not authorized?

I worked off campus part time after graduation with Off Campus Work Permit before applying for Post Graduation Work Permit. There's about two months of work experience with Off Campus Work Permit after graduation.

I was not aware of the terms of Off Campus Work Permit at that time, and I wasn't even aware until I saw another post on this forum. Now I'm really concerned.
You obtained your off-campus work permit under the old rules, so you had 90 days to apply for the PWGP and (I believe) the same amount of time after graduation to work on your OCWP. Alas, the old OP 12 has been removed so I can't verify but I don't think you have anything to worry about, the work was authorized.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
maria_786 said:
Cic will not accept those 2 months of exp even if it was after u graduates u need to get the exp on PGWP.
Not true, the only requirement is that the work is authorized.

Malko

Mar 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had 3 months of full-time work experience on my off-campus work permit, one month experience on implied status, and 8 months on my PGWP, and I got my PR in 9 1/2 months.

Good luck! :)