+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience and proof of funds

gschostack

Star Member
Sep 12, 2021
IMO, you can't leave a gap for 2020-2021. Is it impossible to get this reference letter?
I wouldn't leave the gap, but my question is: should i put the work from 2020-2023 or just 2020-2021.
From 2021-2023 I had 2 jobs at the same time, this one that I started in 2020 and the one that I'm getting the points for the work experience.
The first job, I was getting paid as an autonomous worker, so it would be difficult to prove my ties to the hospital, and getting a reference letter would be hard, because the hospital closed.
So I'd like to avoid this struggle.
What is your advice?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I wouldn't leave the gap, but my question is: should i put the work from 2020-2023 or just 2020-2021.
From 2021-2023 I had 2 jobs at the same time, this one that I started in 2020 and the one that I'm getting the points for the work experience.
The first job, I was getting paid as an autonomous worker, so it would be difficult to prove my ties to the hospital, and getting a reference letter would be hard, because the hospital closed.
So I'd like to avoid this struggle.
What is your advice?
Sorry, I missed it. Weather is too good out here(where I'm right now) to be focused I guess :D

Getting paid as an autonomous worker would mean that you were self employed. You can show Sole Proprietor status of your entity (that you paid taxes using). Is that the case with you?

Reactions: gschostack

gschostack

Star Member
Sep 12, 2021
Sorry, I missed it. Weather is too good out here(where I'm right now) to be focused I guess :D

Getting paid as an autonomous worker would mean that you were self employed. You can show Sole Proprietor status of your entity (that you paid taxes using). Is that the case with you?
I think it would be possible, but since I didn’t declare it to get more points, don’t you think that is a little bit complicated to add a lot of documents to prove that I worked?
I have the receipts of the months that I worked, but wouldn’t it be simpler to just put it in the personal history and leave behind?
normally, the ircc comes to check this kind of information?

Lrawar

Feb 24, 2023
I run 4 other small business on the side while having a full time job. I only used my FT job in EE. I'd skip the other job (personal preference, keeps documentation simple).

About your spouse - you won't have to attach any documents in personal history.

Did you include your 4 side business in personal history? If so, which activity type did you choose?