+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winnipeg - 2017 Citizenship Applicants

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't forget any trips - As far as I'm concerned the only two mistakes were those that I've entered Canada shortly after midnight (While commencing my trip on the previous day).
Total number of trips was 31. Most of trips lasted 1-3 days, saving for longer vacation trips and one longer business trip.

There were a few reasons that I wanted to apply soon, one of them being that I wanted to build up some buffer back in 2015, then the government changed the rule (time spent on a work permit no longer counted) and I had to wait until now to apply.

I'm not super concerned about the inquiry/audit - If that lengthens the process, so be it. I do have trip itineraries and after this mess up I gathered all the actual flight landing times in Canada (https://beta.flightstats.com/historical-flight/search if someone ever needs it). My biggest concern is if they bug with the 2 dates not being accurate because of the after midnight arrival in Canada and deny the application. Even deducting those 2 trips I should still have more than the 1460 days.

Interview was Thursday morning, as of Monday morning, nothing has changed on E-cas.

BTW, nothing has changed for my partner as well, and she had a buffer of about 43 days.
Did you get any updates in E-cas, is your status changed to DM ?

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just finished the test and interview, got 20/20 for me and my wife, test was easy. Officer verified the ID documents, passport stamps and said everything is ok and we should get oath invitation in one month normally and said it could take up to 5 months.

LauraTschetter

Jul 8, 2017
Just finished the test and interview, got 20/20 for me and my wife, test was easy. Officer verified the ID documents, passport stamps and said everything is ok and we should get oath invitation in one month normally and said it could take up to 5 months.

Congrats!!! That's awesome!

I'm still waiting for my status to change from 'in process' . Not sure why it's taking so long. My test was July 13th...

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!!! That's awesome!

I'm still waiting for my status to change from 'in process' . Not sure why it's taking so long. My test was July 13th...
Thank you. Hope you will get the Oath invitation soon, looks like sometimes online status was not updated. In my case they didn't update the test invitation details, they just sent it via regular mail.

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you. Hope you will get the Oath invitation soon, looks like sometimes online status was not updated. In my case they didn't update the test invitation details, they just sent it via regular mail.
My status still shows "In Process" this morning , no update of DM or Test invitation. I guess they might not update online status and I need to keep an eye on the mail box to get the Oath Invitation letters.

LauraTschetter

Jul 8, 2017
My status still shows "In Process" this morning , no update of DM or Test invitation. I guess they might not update online status and I need to keep an eye on the mail box to get the Oath Invitation letters.
Yes, I think that might be the case sometimes...I know at my citizenship meeting after the test the officer said my test would be sometime after my trip in Sept. So I guess I won't hear anything until then either... :(

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My online status changed to 'Decision Made' this morning.

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just finished the test today I got 20 and my wife got 17. Officer said she wants to verify my wife border crossing, since US doesn't stamp US citizen passport.

celine12

Feb 5, 2013
Congrats!!!!

Reactions: Horizon13

rafaelrms

Sep 30, 2012
Just finished the test today I got 20 and my wife got 17. Officer said she wants to verify my wife border crossing, since US doesn't stamp US citizen passport.
Hi research-scientist. Did anything change for your status? I've been told the same and I'm waiting since July 27th. I was told it would take "a couple days", but it has been almost 4 weeks now and no update and no requests to clarify anything.

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi research-scientist. Did anything change for your status? I've been told the same and I'm waiting since July 27th. I was told it would take "a couple days", but it has been almost 4 weeks now and no update and no requests to clarify anything.
No changes as of today.