+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winnipeg - 2017 Citizenship Applicants

rafaelrms

Sep 30, 2012
Nothing yet. I was hoping to receive my oath scheduling to book some vacations, but my status changed to DM a week ago and I received nothing yet.

Horizon13

Star Member
May 24, 2017
My husbund got a test invitation today via regular mail. I didn't... Its weird. Also test location is VIA Rail Station, but I heard that usually people go to another Main St. location. Nothing cnanged in ECAS... Probably, Canada Post lost another letter.

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husbund got a test invitation today via regular mail. I didn't... Its weird. Also test location is VIA Rail Station, but I heard that usually people go to another Main St. location. Nothing cnanged in ECAS... Probably, Canada Post lost another letter.
Normally the test/interview will be on 269 Main Street, Suite 400 and Oath on Via Rail Station building .. not sure why they are changing it now..

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing yet. I honestly don't know why the interview officer says "you will receive a letter in about two weeks" when they clearly don't do that. It just adds up to the anxiety.
Agreed. I need to plan my vacation, eagerly waiting for the Oath to be done and get the new passport.

Horizon13

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Called IRCC regarding not having the test invitation. I was told that, yes, my husband got it, but my letter was not sent yet. The lady on the phone confirmed that in case of family app all family members come to the test along. If I won't get it in a week, I have to call them back again as per customer service representative. What the....

Last edited:

Horizon13

Star Member
May 24, 2017
On-line status was changed for both of us today. Test invitation - Sept.8. Test will be taken on Sept.25.

LauraTschetter

Jul 8, 2017
Nothing here yet either...I was told at my test (July13th) my oath would most likely be after Sept long (because I had a planned trip for then) but probably before my (also already planned) trip for the end of Dec. I think I will phone tomorrow just to see what's up.

LauraTschetter

Jul 8, 2017
I called this morning and they said it was just a matter of time and I'd get my letter. Said my background check was done and all was good...so now I just wait...at least I know there's no issues!!! Still listed as 'in process' on the website.

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called this morning and they said it was just a matter of time and I'd get my letter. Said my background check was done and all was good...so now I just wait...at least I know there's no issues!!! Still listed as 'in process' on the website.
Thanks for the update. Hope we will get the oath invite soon..and be done with the final step of the process.

rafaelrms

Sep 30, 2012
I also called this morning to find what is going on. The agent checked my file and said everything is good and positively processed, and that although IRCC has up to an year to process, I should receive an invitation for the oath very soon. She also mentioned that as soon as they mail the letters, the website should be updated saying that a letter was sent and with the oath dates (just like the info on the citizenship test).