+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will permanent resident visa be approved for dependent with HIV?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Creampop said:
I was just wondering... everyone has been mentioning excessive demand on health or social services in Canada. But, no one mentioned danger to public health or safety, wouldn't HIV fall under this category? or our both of these waived in the family class? I just assumed that is why the medical checks for HIV hepatitis,syphilis,TB etc... cus these are commutable disease that cause outbreaks and serious illness/death if not treated.
No - HIV does not fall into this category. HIV can only be transmitted by s*xual contact, needle sharing, blood transfusions, etc. Because transmission is so limited, you would never have an HIV "outbreak". TB, on the other hand, is transmitted extremely easily in comparison and that's why it is flagged as a danger to public health and safety. People with TB are not allowed to immigrate to Canada (even through spousal sponsorship) until the TB has been fully treated and cured.

jatinder751

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
none
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got tested for my enzyme levels of liver , doc said they are mildly elivatEd and nothing much to be concerned about and now on aug 1st I am going to see hepatologist in wInnipeg, Manitoba . And I am going to start paying for my own healthcare, so that they can't hold it against me. Any comments please!