+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

will i get a job?

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have no idea what is going on. You guys, you should know that it;s a forum which is sharing all different opinions. We dont know which is real true or fake. Dont judge on forum. You should search and collect all the information without depending on forum. Let me give some exapmles. One indian guy advised that good ielts score is very important to be approve their study permit. Is that true? My answer is that it should be depend on people and situation. Some people dont need the ielts. They can get a study permit in a week without ielts, transcipt and recommendation papers. They just need to show an acceptance letter and money. That's it. Please... dont be rude.. All cases are different.. Even jobs. It's up to you. We dont know that people can get a job or not. Another example is russian guy. He has no experience and no work permit.. even no degree and no diploma with no English skill, but he got a job as a cable technician easily. Fortunately, his boss handles his immigration issue instead of work permit. Who knows? We should not sure for anything. Nobody will know the future.

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
I completely agree with dental15's comments. Everyone's situation is different.

The funny thing is that, the newbie(nehamaan) who initially had this question is not seen in our discussion.

willxclusive

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
Dennia said:
My personal experience. I have been in Canada fr 6yrs. Came to Canada with no contacts, 2000CAD in my hand and 1yr fees paid for my college,but I was willing to work in any job when I was studying. Worked in pizza shop,gas station,KFC and some labor work, all this was part-time I was able to get all these jobs with just phone calls and dropping of resumes.

Attended seminars,conferences,made a lot of industry contacts when studying and waited to do the right co-op. Got 3 good co-op jobs one after other and made it as an Airport Manager right after my graduation (But the catch is tht,this was offered in Northern Manitoba. I took up the job to gain some experience). When working there I made more contacts and made my way back to a city. Now working as an ADM in St.John's(awesome pay,nice people and my dream job). As long as ur willing to work hard and make some good contacts, Canada is a land of opportunities.

Everything cannot be published in a newspaper.U have to learn frm others experience and path to success "is this published in the canadian news paper"
But I also have some vital stats for u, according to Statitics Canada 60%-70% of the Canadian population is getting retired soon.

Check this out .. http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/91-003-x/2007001/4129904-eng.htm
HI guys, any man who wanna succeed in life should keep these 3 frienemies... A motivator, a discourager and a neutralizer. Dennis, your comment is a motivation while mead is in the forum to discourage prospective international students going to Canada. Reason for these guys comments are as result of their achievement in canada. One succeeded, the other is hopeless. But as for me, I would pick from everyone's point of view and Forge my own strategy to success in canada. Even if the unemployment rates climbs up to 20%, I will succeed,. In my home country, unemployment rate is 25% and yet, 9 out of 10years of my life in labor market, I was employed. Life is about what you believe. If you believe, you will receive.. Cheers.

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
That's the spirit buddy (willxclusive). Best of luck

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
seena said:
why in this forum most of people get emotional.... rude easily with others

listen if you cant bear any's experience dont try to hit on it....just off the page.... but stop posting your rude comments

one person tried to make other positive then who are you to be rude with him... just comment your own and leave........
"who told you that Huh

is this published in the canadian news paper Roll Eyes Huh"

Look who's preaching....It is you who posted this rude & stupid question, & after getting a befitting reply made a big U Turn. First practice & den preach !!!
Also, a friendly advise, improve your English ...the way you are constructing your sentences , you will need it before going to Canada. This can be a major reason for you to not succeed!

Rihan89

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna Visa Offce
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Not Needed
Interview........
Not Needed
VISA ISSUED...
18 - 05 - 15
LANDED..........
01-09-2015
Comments from people "ooh s getting tougher to get a job,it's very hard for PR" have caused a serious doubt in my head,Although I got the visa,payed for the first semester ,I have almost changed my mind about going to Canada,I am 25 years old with High School only,I got enrolled in a Tourism and Recreation Management (2 year Diploma) because I used to work as in restaurants and hotels for the past 3 years.Anyway,now I am not sure should I go there,there more and more people complaining on the forums on a daily basis.

I have no problem to work any job in Canada,but will I find one so that I can cover my costs of studying over there?Will I be able to get the PR,it's so confusing.
Now I seriously considering to cancel my program and remain here?
Please share your opinions on what should I do

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
Rihan89, don't get put down by negative comments.

As long as ur willing to work in any field u always have jobs in Canada.

PR process is way too complicated, just because of the new system. In 2 yrs when u complete ur course u will see a lot of changes and a more streamlined process.

I cannot suggest u to come (or) not to come. This is ur decision. But I can guarantee that u will see a lot of criticisms, u have to be strong enough to overcome them (u will see this anywhere u go)

katerinakam

Jan 8, 2015
Dennia said:
My explanation was not a U turn, but just a reality in life. There is obviously + and - in life, it always depends on individuals and how well they handle it.

I m just explaining the facts. If ur goin to be scared with all the people who r goin to put u down, u will never succeed in life. Take a chance, I know its a lot to risk,but ur investing on urslef,so if u r motivated and u work hard anything is possible.

I didnt come up in life,without hearing all these comments, everyday frm everyone arnd me. " Ur an international student - u cannot make it in aviation industry in Canada,u cannot get ur security clearence, u cannot get a job because u have Bachelors in Aeronautical, u cannot make it into management fr sure", all these r just examples of wht i heard frm my friendly critics. There is a whole bunch of people who like blaming on things without working hard.

Luck also plays a huge role in getting a job.So best of luck.
I think your words are very inspiring and motivating for many future students! Thanks for sharing your experience, it indeed proves that everything is possible if you want it enough ;)

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
Rihan89 said:
Comments from people "ooh s getting tougher to get a job,it's very hard for PR" have caused a serious doubt in my head,Although I got the visa,payed for the first semester ,I have almost changed my mind about going to Canada,I am 25 years old with High School only,I got enrolled in a Tourism and Recreation Management (2 year Diploma) because I used to work as in restaurants and hotels for the past 3 years.Anyway,now I am not sure should I go there,there more and more people complaining on the forums on a daily basis.

I have no problem to work any job in Canada,but will I find one so that I can cover my costs of studying over there?Will I be able to get the PR,it's so confusing.
Nobody can tell you whether you should go or not. We all know where we stand in this world, what our past experiences are , & what our success & failures have been. Just evaluate yourself holistically, you will get the answer.
Also,search for kind of jobs you intend to do, now itself, & see what companies are asking for in that role .Evaluate yourself accordingly,whether you fit in the job description or not.
Keep a aim, & keep moving yourself in that direction.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Rihan89 said:

yes it is cause for concern and u should first look at express entry and see how everything affects u after u have completed ur studies. dont just blindly jump on the bandwagon that i am willing to work hard everything will work out on its own. read about express entry.

juancarlosco101

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rihan89 said:

Hey, dont get discouraged,keep your dreams alive by executing whatever you in mind. This is just a forum and people just come in to share thier views.
You can read them, but dont really take them. There are some folks here in this forum that have succeeded in discouraging people from studying in Canada. The fact that things didnt go well for X. does not mean it will follw the same trend for Y. Once again you can read what people write here ,but dont take them seriously. No one works with Canadian Immigration.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Here are a few things everyone should do
1. Read about express entry
2. calculate ur CRS at present
3. calculate ur CRS assuming u have completed ur education and 1 year job.
4. see what CRS is required for express entry at this time.
5. See if u will be able to get LMIA or PNP with ur job description.
these just a few things u should look at before deciding to study in canada. it may be beneficial in some cases to directly apply for express entry and not pay so much for canadian education unless u really want to study.