+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will CIC accept my explanation or declare I misrepresented?

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
My husband is applying for PR under the spousal category.

On his Schedule A form, we answered 'no' to the question of whether he's previously been refused a visa.

CIC then asked why we didn't declare a previous refusal. We realized that when my husband's dad was refused for a provincial nominee program a few years ago, that refusal also applied to my husband. We thought it didn't because he wasn't the principal applicant, just a dependent under his dad, and that's the explanation we wrote in our short reply.

What do you guys think will happen now? Should I send in another reply which is longer, outlining the previous refusal and explaining our confusion a bit more in detail? I'm leaning towards this option now but I still don't know if it'll be enough, and I'm wondering if I should just fork out the money and get an opinion from a professional. I'm really tight on funds though and don't wanna waste my money if I can figure this out on my own.

I'm really freaking out and any advice would be appreciated.

yasoni

Star Member
May 2, 2012
If your husband was not a principal applicant, then it would not apply to him. Also as definition of CIC of family member means spouse and dependent children. In his case, he doesn't need to declare visa refusal of his dad. Hope thing will go well for your case.

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
If your husband was not a principal applicant, then it would not apply to him. Also as definition of CIC of family member means spouse and dependent children. In his case, he doesn't need to declare visa refusal of his dad. Hope thing will go well for your case.
Thanks for your reply. The problem is that he was included as a dependent in his dad's application, so when his dad was refused, he was automatically refused as well. IRCC asked why we didn't declare that refusal, and we explained that we didn't know it applied to him. Now just waiting to see if they'll accept our explanation.

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your reply. The problem is that he was included as a dependent in his dad's application, so when his dad was refused, he was automatically refused as well. IRCC asked why we didn't declare that refusal, and we explained that we didn't know it applied to him. Now just waiting to see if they'll accept our explanation.
Write a truthful letter and let them know why you think it's unnecessary. They are not ignorant of fact.

yasoni

Star Member
May 2, 2012
When my mom applied for PR and got refused, I was also included as dependant. I didn't declare it when I applied for PR and didn't get asked about it. Probably it all depends on officer processing applications.

Reactions: avatarkyoshi

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
When my mom applied for PR and got refused, I was also included as dependant. I didn't declare it when I applied for PR and didn't get asked about it. Probably it all depends on officer processing applications.
Thanks for your reply. I'm not freaking out as much as I was yesterday. Hopefully, they won't pursue this any further and will accept our explanation.

umair-hussain

Dec 1, 2018
My husband is applying for PR under the spousal category.

On his Schedule A form, we answered 'no' to the question of whether he's previously been refused a visa.

CIC then asked why we didn't declare a previous refusal. We realized that when my husband's dad was refused for a provincial nominee program a few years ago, that refusal also applied to my husband. We thought it didn't because he wasn't the principal applicant, just a dependent under his dad, and that's the explanation we wrote in our short reply.

What do you guys think will happen now? Should I send in another reply which is longer, outlining the previous refusal and explaining our confusion a bit more in detail? I'm leaning towards this option now but I still don't know if it'll be enough, and I'm wondering if I should just fork out the money and get an opinion from a professional. I'm really tight on funds though and don't wanna waste my money if I can figure this out on my own.

I'm really freaking out and any advice would be appreciated.
Hey! I am filling the application these days and I came across kind of the same situation. Can you please tell me what happened next and exactly how did you tackled this situation?