+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

will applying for TD slower delay the hearing on RO?

Jasonchang

Aug 1, 2010
I am a PR and appealing against the VO decision on Residency Obligation.

I also applied for Travel document that enables me to appear physically in my hearing.

Recently i have viewed some cases that applied for TD to show in hearing in person, some of the cases the waiting period could be 2 YEARS! then a question grew in my mind is that "will applying for TD to appear in hearing slower schedulling for the hearing?"

Do anybody have any idea about this issue?

Thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jasonchang said:

I also applied for Travel document that enables me to appear physically in my hearing.

Recently i have viewed some cases that applied for TD to show in hearing in person, some of the cases the waiting period could be 2 YEARS! then a question grew in my mind is that "will applying for TD to appear in hearing slower schedulling for the hearing?"

Do anybody have any idea about this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, as there will be a hearing to determine if you should be issued an RX visa to return for the appeal. If you haven't been in Canada in the past year, then you may find it difficult to get the visa. Then there will be another hearing on your Residency Obligation. You may wish to read the ENF 23 manual http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf23-eng.pdf Sec. 8.1

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jasonchang said:

Thanks in advance.
Hello Jasonchang, if I may ask; why was your TD denied? Did you fill less than 730 days on your form? or u filled the required number of days but the VO did not believe?

Jasonchang

Aug 1, 2010
PMM said:
Hi

Yes, as there will be a hearing to determine if you should be issued an RX visa to return for the appeal. If you haven't been in Canada in the past year, then you may find it difficult to get the visa. Then there will be another hearing on your Residency Obligation. You may wish to read the ENF 23 manual http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf23-eng.pdf Sec. 8.1
Thanks PPM, Is it that i will have another hearing for the visa before the actual appeal hearing, and this hearing would delay the appeal hearing date?

I have had read many of these guides and manuals before and it is never referred nor implied that applying for visa to hearing will delay the hearing date itself until i viewed some of the cases the other day, neither was it implied in the application form.

I checked the YES box of TD to hearing in my notice of appeal form when i filed my appeal, but i havent submit the written application for the visa yet. What should i do to make sure the visa hearing not slowering schedulling of my appeal hearing?

Jasonchang

Aug 1, 2010
Alabaman said:
Hello Jasonchang, if I may ask; why was your TD denied? Did you fill less than 730 days on your form? or u filled the required number of days but the VO did not believe?
I didnt fulfill my residency obligation, and the VO did not think there is enough H&C..

Jasonchang

Aug 1, 2010
my question is very simple: is it that it will take 10-12 months to the hearing regardless of whether one request "TD to appear" or not?