+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wife 3rd month pregnant and recently received PR, where to deliver the baby?

CANADA DREAMZ

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
india
Category........
Visa Office......
WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2014
Doc's Request.
CC CHARGED ON 12/01/2015
Nomination.....
PER RECVD ON 20/02/2015
AOR Received.
25/02/2015
IELTS Request
sent already with application (Lis-8.5,reading 7.5, writing 7, speaking 7)
File Transfer...
26/02/2015
Med's Request
02/05/2015
Med's Done....
11/05/2015
Interview........
medicals received 20/05/2015 Decision made 26/08/2015
Passport Req..
PPR- 05/09/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/09/2015
LANDED..........
NOVember mid its white christmas for me
we both received PR on 10th sept, my wife is PA and she is pregnant for 3rd month, she wants to delivery baby in india only, as she is PA, she need to do landing formalities later on it will be too much messy, on our passport we got visa stamp and before 12 may 2016 we need to enter canada without fail.

my mother is house wife, she is 52 years old, she wants to accompany along with us, only for short visit of 5 days in Vancouver canada, again my mom and wife will return back to india. what is the procedure, do we need to show any funds for short trip, and how long the process will take for tourist visa

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you only have the visa and did not land yet, you have not received PR, you have only received the visa. Unless you land before the expiry date, you will not become a PR either.

Visitor visa in New Delhi takes 9 days, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp#asia but it is not guaranteed that your mother will get one. You will have to show that she is not a risk to overstay.

As a skilled worker, you are supposed to show funds when you land so even though you are just taking a short trip this time, you will be expected to show funds this time but not next time you enter to settle.

You and your wife in any case have to land before the baby is born. I would not recommend that she have the baby in India because it is a major hassle to sponsor the non-PR baby for PR for them to join you in Canada. If your wife wants to join you in Canada after giving birth, there is no guarantee that the visa office will give her a visa for the baby to travel with her to Canada. If you are in Canada, you can sponsor the baby for PR but it can take months for the processing during which time you are a sponsor as stuck in Canada because as a PR sponsor you must reside in Canada, and your wife would be stuck in India taking care of the baby. If this is what you truly want, it is of course your decision.

CANADA DREAMZ

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
india
Category........
Visa Office......
WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2014
Doc's Request.
CC CHARGED ON 12/01/2015
Nomination.....
PER RECVD ON 20/02/2015
AOR Received.
25/02/2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
26/02/2015
Med's Request
02/05/2015
Med's Done....
11/05/2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
PPR- 05/09/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/09/2015
LANDED..........
Leon said:
If you only have the visa and did not land yet, you have not received PR, you have only received the visa. Unless you land before the expiry date, you will not become a PR either.

Visitor visa in New Delhi takes 9 days, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp#asia but it is not guaranteed that your mother will get one. You will have to show that she is not a risk to overstay.

As a skilled worker, you are supposed to show funds when you land so even though you are just taking a short trip this time, you will be expected to show funds this time but not next time you enter to settle.

You and your wife in any case have to land before the baby is born. I would not recommend that she have the baby in India because it is a major hassle to sponsor the non-PR baby for PR for them to join you in Canada. If your wife wants to join you in Canada after giving birth, there is no guarantee that the visa office will give her a visa for the baby to travel with her to Canada. If you are in Canada, you can sponsor the baby for PR but it can take months for the processing during which time you are a sponsor as stuck in Canada because as a PR sponsor you must reside in Canada, and your wife would be stuck in India taking care of the baby. If this is what you truly want, it is of course your decision.

after careful consideration, we both decided to deliver baby in calgary alberta because the medical is covered from day 1

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CANADA DREAMZ said:
after careful consideration, we both decided to deliver baby in calgary alberta because the medical is covered from day 1
Make sure you plan to stay in Alberta for at least six months after the birth of your child. If you deliver the child in Alberta and the leave for another province soon afterwards, Alberta will most likely come after you for the costs of the delivery and other health care expenses. Based on what we've seen on this forum, when the provinces come after you, the amount they ask you to repay is significantly higher than if you had just paid for the delivery out of your own pocket. So if you have no plans to settle in Alberta, you should pick the province you do plan to settle in - or alternatively pay for the delivery yourself.

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
I heard the provincial health card only cover basic health related issues. Do child delivery included with this or we need to take buy insurance from other company? I contacted Sask health and they replied that we can apply for health card as soon as we arrive. Thanks in advance...

CANADA DREAMZ

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
india
Category........
Visa Office......
WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2014
Doc's Request.
CC CHARGED ON 12/01/2015
Nomination.....
PER RECVD ON 20/02/2015
AOR Received.
25/02/2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
26/02/2015
Med's Request
02/05/2015
Med's Done....
11/05/2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
PPR- 05/09/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/09/2015
LANDED..........
scylla said:
Make sure you plan to stay in Alberta for at least six months after the birth of your child. If you deliver the child in Alberta and the leave for another province soon afterwards, Alberta will most likely come after you for the costs of the delivery and other health care expenses. Based on what we've seen on this forum, when the provinces come after you, the amount they ask you to repay is significantly higher than if you had just paid for the delivery out of your own pocket. So if you have no plans to settle in Alberta, you should pick the province you do plan to settle in - or alternatively pay for the delivery yourself.
we will settle in calgary for at leaste 8 months lateron we will move to some other province depending on job where wee get it

noemi_uy

Oct 25, 2015
Hi, Im in the same situation. 2 months pregnant and planning to land in Canada in 4 months. Which provinces accept pregnant women from the first day? We where thinking about Alberta/Calgary too so I am happy you said they accepted. How did you found that information?

thanks!

digandhi

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London - LBM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Oct 2014
Nomination.....
18 Jan 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
Med's Request
28 Aug 2015
Med's Done....
04 Sep 2015
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2015 and Submitted on 02 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport received back 09 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
Landed in Dec 2015
Hi,

I am in the same situation.

We come to know that My wife is 2.5 months pregnant after booking my tickets(Jan 2016) to Toronto. She will be 5 months pregnant by then.

My Query is which is the best option to give her medical services in Canada. I heard that Toronto provides Medical cover for pregnant women from day one but i am unable to find this any where on authorized website.

Any kind of information regarding it will be much helpful

thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most provinces give full coverage to new PR's and Canadians who are moving from abroad on the first day.

However, there are 4 provinces that don't. These are Ontario, BC, New Brunswick and Quebec.

Ontario has a 90 day waiting period. BC has 2-3 months depending on when you move (2 months plus the balance of the 3rd). Quebec has an exemption for pregnancy and childbirth.

So if you want to move to Toronto, your wife will wait 90 days for coverage and if your baby is born before she is covered, you will have to pay.