+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why is no one talking about the recent memo from ATIP??

anthonyk02

Mar 13, 2022
Basically the title. The recent memo confirmed that, apart from French speakers and healthcare gals..(maybe stems, but as you can see the numbers are fluid and not set.)
No one under CRS 500 will be invited. Honestly, I do not like the direction IRCC is moving towards. I get it, Canada is in deep trouble and possibly going through a recession.
However, implementing changes like this do nothing but make the problem worse. I get that the right of PR in any country is not a given, and Canada is still considered immigrant friendly. But the thing is, I believe that a system where preferantial treatment is given french highscholers instead of people with masters and canadian work experience is NOT viable at all.. especially when the politics standpoint is to solve the "housing crisis". Everyone who landed here can and will tell you that 90% of canadian employers prefer Canadian Experience, and Canadian degrees (Except if you are an ivy league grad.)

And before you destroy me in the comments thinking I am a lambda kid, I am 21, paid 36k in taxes last year (excluding GST),and a TOP 100 US college grad (Bachelors). Used to have a stable job at a top Canadian Company. I strongly believe that's the kind of people Canada CANNOT afford to lose.

anthonyk02

Mar 13, 2022
I am sitting at 502. English maxed out, Two or more degrees. Max points of age. 1 Year Canadian Exp, 1 Year overseas.

CanGoldDigger

Star Member
Feb 17, 2024
If English score is all ten then yes, only French, it's not that hard to get all 7 in French. It won't do you any harm and would be even helpful in Canada.

But I am sure the score will drop to 500 sooner or later.

kallisti

Dec 26, 2023
Here's the link for reference for anyone who is unaware: https://www.carryimmigration.com/express-entry-category-based-target-percentages-2024/

What they've stated is they're focusing on the category draws, which they've identified internally for whatever reason as being the target populations they're looking to fill. Their concerns seem different from yours unfortunately, and I imagine everyone is going to have their own perspectives.

SeanSong91

Apr 25, 2021
I am sitting at 502. English maxed out, Two or more degrees. Max points of age. 1 Year Canadian Exp, 1 Year overseas.
Canada has vested interest in inviting more French speakers in non-Quebec provinces, because they cannot afford Quebec deciding to secede. If no province outside Quebec had no interest in fostering francophone culture, the cohesion between Quebecois and other provinces would wane and create more friction, which might invite Quebecois nationalists to gather up support for another round of secession referendum.

That's why IRCC is looking to increase the proportion of francophone newcomers to 24% by 2032.

I think you will eventually get invited fairly quickly but I would recommend anyone who have interest in coming to Canada to learn French, preferably after having CLB 9 in English

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Here's the link for reference for anyone who is unaware: https://www.carryimmigration.com/express-entry-category-based-target-percentages-2024/

What they've stated is they're focusing on the category draws, which they've identified internally for whatever reason as being the target populations they're looking to fill. Their concerns seem different from yours unfortunately, and I imagine everyone is going to have their own perspectives.
Don't post links from immigration companies, instead post the original resources.

Reactions: scylla

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Basically the title. The recent memo confirmed that, apart from French speakers and healthcare gals..(maybe stems, but as you can see the numbers are fluid and not set.)
No one under CRS 500 will be invited. Honestly, I do not like the direction IRCC is moving towards. I get it, Canada is in deep trouble and possibly going through a recession.
However, implementing changes like this do nothing but make the problem worse. I get that the right of PR in any country is not a given, and Canada is still considered immigrant friendly. But the thing is, I believe that a system where preferantial treatment is given french highscholers instead of people with masters and canadian work experience is NOT viable at all.. especially when the politics standpoint is to solve the "housing crisis". Everyone who landed here can and will tell you that 90% of canadian employers prefer Canadian Experience, and Canadian degrees (Except if you are an ivy league grad.)

And before you destroy me in the comments thinking I am a lambda kid, I am 21, paid 36k in taxes last year (excluding GST),and a TOP 100 US college grad (Bachelors). Used to have a stable job at a top Canadian Company. I strongly believe that's the kind of people Canada CANNOT afford to lose.
EE has always been politically influenced. What you are seeing is extremely political draws that help no one. I remember listening to a podcast a year and half ago from an immigration lawyer on how politicians ruined EE(can't remember it right now). It(EE) started with a nice framework of bringing in talent to Canada, but skewed heavily in a direction it wasn't supposed to go. Half of the applicants that I talk to on this forum have forged/faked one more documents in their application to get the right CRS. While talented folks are confused, fake document holders are landing in Canada as PRs.

If you are talented, you'll have to find streams that are more aligned with you. A friend of mine is a CTO, has 2x LMIAs(one expired, had to get another one for EE), WP extended for another 2 years by the employer, and upon seeing that they might lose a CXO because of the immigration issues - he was transferred from to Ontario so that they could've higher chances of him landing OINP. It is hard for employers to reliably use the system to retain talent. LMIA has been quite helpful in the past, but with 520+ CRS, that will fade away. A lot of talented people I know don't even have time to get a driver's license, let alone learn french(I learned french as an exec btw) - so where does that leaves talent? They are going to keep indefinitely extend their VISAs or move away to another countries.

I believe that immigration should've been very organic for folks who are talented, it shouldn't have been so unpredictable.