+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who can sign the reference letter

livar

May 1, 2016
I want to ask HR Manager to sign my reference letter from the current employer. Is it ok? Did anyone have this experience?

The reason I'm asking is I suppose that the ideal case is when reference letter is signed by your direct supervisor.
By obvious reasons, I don't want to let him know about my immigration plans.
Another reason is that I have been working for this company for over 6 years, had 5 different positions and 6 supervisors,
so I'm afraid that my current supervisor will refuse to sign the letter where I'm describing the experience and positions he is not responsible for.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
livar said:
I want to ask HR Manager to sign my reference letter from the current employer. Is it ok? Did anyone have this experience?

The reason I'm asking is I suppose that the ideal case is when reference letter is signed by your direct supervisor.
Another reason is that I have been working for this company for over 6 years, had 5 different positions and 6 supervisors,
so I'm afraid that my current supervisor will refuse to sign the letter where I'm describing the experience and positions he is not responsible for.
Any one of them can sign the reference letter - HR or your manager/supervisor.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
livar said:

HR is fine. Mine was signed by my HR too, he actually insists on signing it because this is the company policy. And on the IRCC website :The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;"

mike3108

Dec 26, 2017
HR is fine. Mine was signed by my HR too, he actually insists on signing it because this is the company policy. And on the IRCC website :The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;"
But now they have removed "personnel". Now it only says immediate, so the letter from HR is still valid?

krishme007

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2017
I got mine signed by my HR as well. Just make sure that their contact information is present in the letter. That's one of the requirement.

aakarshit

Jan 5, 2018
Category........
FSW
I did not get a separate reference letter created specifically to apply for my PR. So I did not contact my current or previous employers to ask for a reference letter and explain why I needed one.

For previous employers, I uploaded scanned copies of Offer letter, Appointment Letter (if separate from the offer letter), Relieving letter, last few pay slips and appraisal letters. I too have held multiple positions with the same employer.

For my current employer, same docs as above apart from the relieving.

No queries or objections were raised for this and I was granted a PR back in June.

mike3108

Dec 26, 2017
I got mine signed by my HR as well. Just make sure that their contact information is present in the letter. That's one of the requirement.
My letter was signed by Senior Manager - HR. His personal phone number is not mentioned. However, a general phone number and fax number of my organization is present on the letterhead. Will that work?

mike3108

Dec 26, 2017
I did not get a separate reference letter created specifically to apply for my PR. So I did not contact my current or previous employers to ask for a reference letter and explain why I needed one.

For previous employers, I uploaded scanned copies of Offer letter, Appointment Letter (if separate from the offer letter), Relieving letter, last few pay slips and appraisal letters. I too have held multiple positions with the same employer.

For my current employer, same docs as above apart from the relieving.

No queries or objections were raised for this and I was granted a PR back in June.
Do you mean that you did not upload an official reference letter at all?

krishme007

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2017
My letter was signed by Senior Manager - HR. His personal phone number is not mentioned. However, a general phone number and fax number of my organization is present on the letterhead. Will that work?
Yes, thats good enough.

Rmita

Apr 26, 2018
Hello
I have a question and would appreciate every one helps me

I resigned from my previous job 4 years ago. Now I want to get a reference letter, but my direct manager does not work there now ( he also resigned) and the manager of the department has changed and the new manager does not know me to confirm my work duties who must sign my reference letter?

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
I'm asking for a friend here….. Can he make our Department Manager sign his two reference letters within the company? Two reference letters because he got multiple positions held? Thank you.