+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who applied under FSW-3 ? Any international student or temporary worker ?

kali

Star Member
Oct 22, 2009
@professional 1: You may be correct.

But last time when I submitted leaving blanks, CIO did process and assess my file and gave file number starting with B which i can see online still today. After assessment, CIO emailed me that I am not eligible as no sufficient proofs of residing in Canada.

Let's see what happens this time...What you say?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kali,

I think first time it was by mistake, because i have seen many applications in this forum sent back to the applicants because of that specific reason. Do not forget that they recomend in their website not to leave any blanks on the application forms.

However, i hope this time they treat your application same way.

Good luck.

kali

Star Member
Oct 22, 2009
@professional 1: In background declaration form, under Military Service section, I have written "NONE" only in the first box and left blank in the rest of box under Military service section. Similarly in the organization membership and government postion, I have written "NONE" only each time in both and rest box under them are blank.

Will this be problem too ? It was not problem in my last application.

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Kali,

I dont think that will be a problem, because i did the same way writing "N/A" in a particular section and not in every column in that section. this was when i sent my application in october. the application was sent back but not with this reason. it was due to the job duties document not provided.

I hope this time be the same way.

~Balu

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
It shouldn't be a problem at all i got my approval from the CIO without adding any extra sheets for the job description. Do not worry.
@Professional1
I am not sure whether they need an extra sheet or not, but they have mentioned in my returned application package need more details about your job responsibilities and duties. I thought the space provided is not going to be sufficient enough for me, so i added an extra sheet to explain the duties.

~Balu

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kali said:
@ professional 1: In background declaration form, under Military Service section, I have written "NONE" only in the first box and left blank in the rest of box under Military service section. Similarly in the organization membership and government postion, I have written "NONE" only each time in both and rest box under them are blank.

Will this be problem too ? It was not problem in my last application.
Sorry for the late answer because am doing my final tests these days.

You mean question number 12, it is enough to write "None" in the provided space for the answer as they state in their instructions.

For me, just to be in the safe side, I wrote, in the first blank in question number "12" ( I have never undertaken any military service), and i wrote "None" in the first space on the below table, and "None" on the space provided for the name of the country and "None" in the first space on the below table

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
balu0427 said:
@ Professional1
I am not sure whether they need an extra sheet or not, but they have mentioned in my returned application package need more details about your job responsibilities and duties. I thought the space provided is not going to be sufficient enough for me, so i added an extra sheet to explain the duties.

~Balu

For sure sending an extra sheet of paper ( if needed) containing all of the job description details would be better to avoid any ambiguity regarding the job description.

For me, i have not done that because i was able to write a comprehensive short description about all of my job duties in the provided spaces within the application forms.

However, if anyone feel that the available spaces are not enough regarding to any question in any field of the application forms not only the job duties, he must attach seperate sheets to cover all of the required information.

tugga82

Dec 15, 2009
I applied for FSW Category 3 on January 4th and they received my application on the 6th. Fingers crossed...I did not use additional sheets to explain job duties and besides for proof of 12 month stay in canada i showed study permit copies and degree certificate copy along with passport entry stamps...I did a one year MBA here. I also attached the copy of my PG Work permit, however did not attach the letter from employer..Hope this is not a problem...anyways fingers crossed....other FSW 3 folks, please feel free to email me anytime at tugga82@gmail.com
Thanks

James2009

Dec 10, 2009
Hi everyone!!

I applied under temporary worker FSW Cat 3....I been working in Canada for the last year and half.

My application was received at CIO, Nova Scotia on October 30, 2009.

I still didn’t get any reply from CIO......I am bit worried now..

My processing office is Buffalo, NY....

How long do I have to wait for the AOR...120 days e-mail???

Thanks
James

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@James,
do you get any reply yet on your status.
my application reached on dec 4th, i too waiting on status.

James2009

Dec 10, 2009
Hi Bala
I got AOR on the 14th...getting all my doc ready...I will send my full application to Buffalo...first week of Feb...but I'm not happy about the process time there...anyway let me know how is things going with u...Good Luck..please update about process time for Cat 3.

Maugh

Aug 18, 2009
Hi I am also in this category, there is very little information about it.

My timeline so far
Submitted Application to Sydney - October 15
Recieved email from CIC Sydney - December 18

Right now I am just finalising documents to be sent to Buffolo.

My work permit is expire and I am worried about getting an LMO - Do you know if you have to reside as a worker/student for the duration of the permanent process? Or can I stay in Canada as a visitor.....