+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who applied under FSW-3 ? Any international student or temporary worker ?

kali

Star Member
Oct 22, 2009
I first applied Sydney, NS under FSW -3 in August 4. I got an email on 23 October stating not being eligible as no sufficient proof of residing in Canada for one year immediately before applying.

With additional proofs, I re-applied on November 23, lets see what happens ????

Do share experience about FSW 3 ?

Any body succeeded ?????

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
the different categories are on the CIC website. I think if you have an AEO then you go under FSW2 and if you lived in Canada, then FSW 3. But you should check to make sure.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kali

which documents exactly have you sent as a proof that you fall under category 1 at the first time and the second time ?

kali

Star Member
Oct 22, 2009
I applied as FSW category 3 for the first time and second time. At first time, I only just submitted my work permit, letter from employer and passport identity photocopy. I was rejected as the work permit was issued before less than a year.

I did mentioned I am recent Canadian graduate student but didn't submit any proof of student. So this time i submitted student permit, visa stamp and my trancripts in additional.

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I applied in December 2009. I am in Canada for the past 18months. I posted my application to CIC, Sydney on Dec 3rd.

My application was sent back previously requesting for more info on my job duties and visa office details.
time lines for my previous application:
Sent to CIO, Sydney : Oct 5th, received: Oct7th
Returned to me : Nov 20th.

I have applied under FSW cat 3, NOC 2173 (Software Engineer).

Hope for the best.

@Kali,
looks like we are the two guys applied under FSW3!!!!

~Balu

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kali:

I remembered your earlier post about the same subject, anyway, this time i am sure that your application will be approved as you have sent all of the required documents to prove your status under category 3, i know that they should have known by logic that you have been living legally in canada as an international student for more than one year, otherwise, you wouldn't have been given the post graduate work permit. However, they are very picky at immigration canada and ask for every single document regarding their requirments for assessment purposes.

This time you will succeed at the CIO stage because you sent all of the required documents.

By the way i belong to category 3 (international student in canada for more than one year along with category 1 accountant).

Good luck and keep us updated about your case.

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
I Agree with professional_1. you need to submit evidence covering these 12 months, and I hope that as soon as you did that, you should be fine.
I am a FSW 3, now aslo on post-grad WP. when I submitted my docs I was still a student. I attached copies of my two study permits covering all my study years + transcripts+ letter from the dep't stating that I am bona fide student in a full-time program that requires 2-year residence. this proved to them that I actually have been legally (study permits :)) residing in Canada.
Good luck!

prcanada

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Hi
I applied under FSW-3, and I was wondering if the job experience has to be continuous for 1 year in 1 NOC, because I heard for FSW-3, it has to be continuous, but can be in different fields..

What do u guys think?

kali

Star Member
Oct 22, 2009
@ balu: I wonder why your file was returned if you have been in Canada for 18 months. What detail of Visa office is required more than Visa office name !!

About info about job duties, I think you don't require to have professional job (NOC classified) currently under FSW 3. Of course, you need to have at least 1 years of work experience (NOC classified) with in last 10 years.

So, Why was you rejected ????

@ prcanada: I think not continuous one year currently but 1 years of work experience (NOC classified) with in last 10 years. What other guys say ?

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kali,

It was basically my mistake as I gave VISA name as CANADA in which i have to mention as Buffalo. Regarding the job duties I havent mentioned them clearly my responsibilities and duties in a seperate sheet of paper which I did this time.
This was the reason my app was rejected.

But if i see the timeline that they reviewed my application, it was just 40days (app received at NS was 7th Oct, i got reply on 20th Nov). I am expecting that the processing time is different in different categories. This is just my assumption. I may wrong.
Because I am seeing in this forum that people who submitted their application in October first week, they are getting their AOR this week, its been almost 2months.

Seniors can suggest!

anyways hope for the best!!!

~Balu

kali

Star Member
Oct 22, 2009
Balu,

I did mention my job responsibilty in the space available in the form but not in the separate sheet. I hope this won't be problem.

Thanks for yur information.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kali said:
Balu,

I did mention my job responsibilty in the space available in the form but not in the separate sheet. I hope this won't be problem.

Thanks for yur information.

It shouldn't be a problem at all i got my approval from the CIO without adding any extra sheets for the job description. Do not worry.

kali

Star Member
Oct 22, 2009
Thanks professional 1. I believe so.

For the current work and address, I mentioned the starting dates but left blanks for ending dates .....as I am continuously staying and working in the same location.

Leaving blanks would be a problem ???????

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kali said:
Thanks professional 1. I believe so.

For the current work and address, I mentioned the starting dates but left blanks for ending dates .....as I am continuously staying and working in the same location.

Leaving blanks would be a problem ???????

Oh, that is a big mistake ! why did you leave them blanks ? you should have written the application date on those blanks (do not even write upto date, or any stuff like that, only the application date for any current event in your application accompanied with an explanation letter state that you are still working in the same job.

Unfortunatly, they will send your entire package back including your money order unprocessed with an explanation letter for you to fix the mistakes and resend the package again.

In that case, they will not create a file for you on the system because your application will be considered incomplete. so you will not be able to check the status of your application through the client ID number. and this case is not a
refusal, it is returning back the entire package to fix the mistakes.