+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which province it is easy to get PR, Qubec or Ontario?

Saqib053

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Pakistan
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have applied in concordia university, and I have got admission offer from there. Concordia university is situated in Montreal, Qubec.

I also have applied in another university named Ottawa, from there I am yet to be notified about the admission offer. Uni of Ottawa is situated in Ontario.

I have applied in Master of Electrical and Computer Engineering in Concordia, and Masters of Engineering Management in Ottawa.

I want to know which one is better. And in which province it is easy to get PR, comparing both the provinces

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Saqib053 said:
I have applied in concordia university, and I have got admission offer from there. Concordia university is situated in Montreal, Qubec.

I also have applied in another university named Ottawa, from there I am yet to be notified about the admission offer. Uni of Ottawa is situated in Ontario.

I have applied in Master of Electrical and Computer Engineering in Concordia, and Masters of Engineering Management in Ottawa.

I want to know which one is better. And in which province it is easy to get PR, comparing both the provinces
Actually, getting the PR completely depends on your qualification. Getting degree from both the universities will lead you to getting work permit (2/3years depending on the length of your degree). BUT, you have got admission in two different majors. When you apply for a PR, they will look at your education history and study mismatch might not be a good impact on your application. On the other hand, Quebec got its own immigration program (it's completely different from any other province of Canada).

At first, you should decide which course you want to pursue. Don't think about PR right now since this can ruin your career line. If you did your undergrad in electrical, go for master in electrical (personal suggestion).Study mismatch is a big issue even in getting a study permit.

In terms of job market, both the provinces have many jobs but also a huge competition especially in Qubec since its a French province and it can be hard getting a job if you are not bilingual.

I don't know about the Quebec immigration but for Canadian Experience Class PR, you can apply once you complete a post-secondary degree (from Canada) and get a one year experience in RELEVANT field. But I am not sure about Quebec immigration. Go to the link below and find it out:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html

But I suggest you should stick to your education qualification rather than getting a PR. Then again, it is a personal suggestion :)

Saqib053

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Pakistan
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your reply. But how is it possible that Engineering Management field is a study mismatch. If some person has done Bussiness administration, he cant opt for engineering management. only the students who have studied engineering can opt for it. engineering management course offered by ottawa contains five technical and five managment course. careers lead to the managing of different engineering projects.

I have done BS Computer Engineering

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
rhasan said:
Actually, getting the PR completely depends on your qualification. Getting degree from both the universities will lead you to getting work permit (2/3years depending on the length of your degree). BUT, you have got admission in two different majors. When you apply for a PR, they will look at your education history and study mismatch might not be a good impact on your application. On the other hand, Quebec got its own immigration program (it's completely different from any other province of Canada).

At first, you should decide which course you want to pursue. Don't think about PR right now since this can ruin your career line. If you did your undergrad in electrical, go for master in electrical (personal suggestion).Study mismatch is a big issue even in getting a study permit.

In terms of job market, both the provinces have many jobs but also a huge competition especially in Qubec since its a French province and it can be hard getting a job if you are not bilingual.

I don't know about the Quebec immigration but for Canadian Experience Class PR, you can apply once you complete a post-secondary degree (from Canada) and get a one year experience in RELEVANT field. But I am not sure about Quebec immigration. Go to the link below and find it out:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html

But I suggest you should stick to your education qualification rather than getting a PR. Then again, it is a personal suggestion :)
Explanatory answer. But will course mismatch be counted in getting PR? I am going to do Post-secondary diploma, and already have a bachelors. So what would you say about that brother? :-X :-X

Saqib053

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Pakistan
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
your answer is very informative bro. I also have interest in Engineering Management field. Because its courses are easier other than electrical engineering. both have there own importance. electrical have an edge that its pure technical field. engineering management would rather be a new degree to me. so i would like to explore new things during this course.

why are you doing diploma. you should apply for masters degree(personal suggestioin :) )

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Nightrocker said:
Explanatory answer. But will course mismatch be counted in getting PR? I am going to do Post-secondary diploma, and already have a bachelors. So what would you say about that brother? :-X :-X
Study mismatch means you are going for different field (like going for Management related major after completing engineering degree). Post-secondary diploma after bachelors shouldn't be a problem as long as you get the visa and get relevant job in your field. And you are eligible to apply for PR as long as you have finished a post-secondary education in Canada.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Saqib053 said:
your answer is very informative bro. I also have interest in Engineering Management field. Because its courses are easier other than electrical engineering. both have there own importance. electrical have an edge that its pure technical field. engineering management would rather be a new degree to me. so i would like to explore new things during this course.

why are you doing diploma. you should apply for masters degree(personal suggestioin :) )
Since you have completed CS, then electrical would a course mismatch :p. Engineering Management would be a better choice in this case I presume. Plus, as far as I know, getting PR in Ontario is easier. Then again, it is not harder in Quebec as long as you have their required qualifications.

Saqib053

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Pakistan
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bro its not cs, you are mixing it up again n again. its proper engineering. Computer Engineering, BE in Computer Engineering.
well thnx for you advice. i have already made up my mind going to ontario.
thank you for your advice.

ok one more thing, how many months statement do you need ? any idea, you got visa so i am asking you. bank statement is a crucial part to get visa. kindly help

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Saqib053 said:
bro its not cs, you are mixing it up again n again. its proper engineering. Computer Engineering, BE in Computer Engineering.
well thnx for you advice. i have already made up my mind going to ontario.
thank you for your advice.

ok one more thing, how many months statement do you need ? any idea, you got visa so i am asking you. bank statement is a crucial part to get visa. kindly help
Yah bro i know CS = Computer Science :p

Bank statement actually varies from country to country. Like in Bangladesh, we have to show 1year to be on the safe side while I have seen posts by Pakistainis showing 4/6 months of bank statement. Economical matter I guess.

Saqib053

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Pakistan
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmmm....thnk you very very much. will keep in contact with you bro for further help. thnx again thnx alot. have a good time

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Saqib053 said:
hmmm....thnk you very very much. will keep in contact with you bro for further help. thnx again thnx alot. have a good time
You are welcome :D

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
rhasan said:
Yah bro i know CS = Computer Science :p

I have seen posts by Pakistainis showing 4/6 months of bank statement.
Hahahahahahah... My funds were only for one month in bank and I got visa. hahahah.. :p :p :p

Saqib053

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Pakistan
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
are you serious??? bro kindly tell me for how much time did you put your funds in the bank?

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Nightrocker said:
Hahahahahahah... My funds were only for one month in bank and I got visa. hahahah.. :p :p :p
Yah there's no maturity period (at least for Bangladesh) but what's the length of bank statement you showed?

speedliving

Jul 5, 2013
Hi guys i found this forum really useful
i was planning to take up 1 yr pg certification program at George brown college toronto in strategic communication marketing with co-op for JAN 2014 intake

My profile
age 25 yrs education 10th- 73% 12th -73 % B.pharma : 61% full time PGDM in MARKETING & FINANCE : 79 %

more than 2 yrs of full time work ex

as i found out there are very informed people here i would love to have their opinion about which college to choose and which province to go for the marketing and communication field

Obligation : budget MAX 25000$ (Tution fees + living expense ) duration of course -MAX 16 month field : marketing and communication

objective : to get decent job and eventually PR

please let me know which province i can look for and which college i can aim for also which program i can opt for considering all the obligations and objectives

Thank you in anticipation