+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which one is more suitable: visitor vs. supervisa for parents

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Please look into the requirements for a supervisa. Looks like you are at least 3 years away from qualifying for a supervisa if you get a job and meet the minimum income requirement.
Hi,

I applied to sponsor my parents in 2017, got AOR and waiting for sponsorship approval. Our family size right now is 5 (me, hubby, baby, my father and my mother). I had enough income for 2014, 2015, 2016 meeting the requirements for family size 5.

The question is if I apply for supervisa for my in laws (mother in law and father in law), would that increase my family size to 7? I am worried because we dont have enough income for family size 7, would thateffect current processing of permanent residence file of my parents. I havent applied for supervisa for in-law's yet.

Thank you for replying in advance.

msqureshi

Jan 13, 2016
LANDED..........
29th Dec 2017
Well, my mom is planning to visit for 6 months and we only applied for regular TRV. In my invitation letter, i said that we are aware of supervisa but since she is not planning to stay for up to 2 years, we are applying for a regular. The real reason is that my mom's passport expires in 1 year so I don't see any value in applying for super visa and going through medicals as she will have to go home anyway. Once she gets her new passport, we might consider super visa.
Hi. So did you she normal visit visa?