+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which one is more suitable: visitor vs. supervisa for parents

dattap

Jul 31, 2014
Rossei said:
I'm from Bangladesh. My mom is a widow and I'm the only child. While my father was alive, she never worked. She acted as a 'sleeping director' of the company my father used to co-own when she applied for TRV. Well, that's my story.

But I've seen my fellow countrymen getting success for their parents when both parents are alive and any/both of them are employed. I couldn't help comparing my mom's situation. She visited almost 20 countries with my father and never over-stayed anywhere. She was never refused a visa in her life other than Canada. She was called for an interview and told "You're getting profits from your compnay without working, your only son is over in Canada, you can easily sell your properties, leave Bangladesh and live with him permanently" when I invited my mom to attend my convocation. It was me whose study permit was going to expire and they thought we would both live permanently - weird!!!

Seeing your case, your parents have good chance in getting visitor visa since they're both employed and have some properties. But again, you can never be sure about it. You got a negative point as me for not having other siblings (believe me I wished for a bro/sis seeing all these). Your parents visiting your grandmom once a week isn't gonna help much unless they're taking care of her everyday for medical reasons. Research a bit more about your country how they handle cases and how frequent the rejection is.

Hi Rossei
I am from Bangladesh as well been here since 2002 as a student and now a citizen. My parents have visited me in 2005 on a TRV but now their TRV got rejected on weak ties ground. They are very upset. They want to come for one month as both of them have jobs and they want to come to my MBA grad ceremony in October. Should I do supervisa or TRV. Does it not seem weird to apply for two diffierent kind of visas in a period of 6 months. Also I have a pending sponsorship application for them.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
dattap said:
Hi Rossei
I am from Bangladesh as well been here since 2002 as a student and now a citizen. My parents have visited me in 2005 on a TRV but now their TRV got rejected on weak ties ground. They are very upset. They want to come for one month as both of them have jobs and they want to come to my MBA grad ceremony in October. Should I do supervisa or TRV. Does it not seem weird to apply for two diffierent kind of visas in a period of 6 months. Also I have a pending sponsorship application for them.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
I replied to your PM.

Sep 13, 2017
I recently got my PR and I want my mom to be with me, I don't have a job here and have only been in Canada for a month, can I apply for her to get a Super Visa. I can prove the

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I recently got my PR and I want my mom to be with me, I don't have a job here and have only been in Canada for a month, can I apply for her to get a Super Visa. I can prove the
No - you need a job to bring her here on a super visa.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please look into the requirements for a supervisa. Looks like you are at least 3 years away from qualifying for a supervisa if you get a job and meet the minimum income requirement.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please look into the requirements for a supervisa. Looks like you are at least 3 years away from qualifying for a supervisa if you get a job and meet the minimum income requirement.
No - this is for sponsoring a parent for PR. For the supervisa, you just need to have a job that meets the income requirement.

Reactions: kalpan

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
No - this is for sponsoring a parent for PR. For the supervisa, you just need to have a job that meets the income requirement.
Hi,

I applied for parents supervisa and got approval and parents landed last week, but at airport they were told they got visitor visa instead of supervisa. They stayed in Canada last year on supervisa and we had to apply again because passports expired.

Any idea why its visitor visa as we applied for supervisa.

Thanks for replying in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I applied for parents supervisa and got approval and parents landed last week, but at airport they were told they got visitor visa instead of supervisa. They stayed in Canada last year on supervisa and we had to apply again because passports expired.

Any idea why its visitor visa as we applied for supervisa.

Thanks for replying in advance

I suspect because you are sponsoring them via PGP they only gave them a TRV. Otherwise you your parents would most likely move right now and never return to their home country.

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
I suspect because you are sponsoring them via PGP they only gave them a TRV. Otherwise you your parents would most likely move right now and never return to their home country.
Can they do that? Don’t they need to inform us as we need to make plans accordingly. In mycic it just said approved.

I guess they can do what they want.

Can we do anything about it I mean can we send email to cic?

Thanks for replying.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No they don't need to inform you of anything. You àre a visitor if you are on a supervisa or on a TRV so you should have a place to return to in your home country. That was only my theory about why your parents were only granted a trv. Others have also received a visa different then the one they requested. I'm sure there are various reasons. Based on your reaction it seems like your parents have moved to Canada after they got their supervisa and had no intentions of returning to their home country.

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
No they don't need to inform you of anything. You àre a visitor if you are on a supervisa or on a TRV so you should have a place to return to in your home country. That was only my theory about why your parents were only granted a trv. Others have also received a visa different then the one they requested. I'm sure there are various reasons. Based on your reaction it seems like your parents have moved to Canada after they got their supervisa and had no intentions of returning to their home country.

Thank you for replying.

In a way yes, there were no intentions to move for at least two years and also one of my sibling expecting baby in July so that’s why I wanted to know my options.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately on arrival CBSA could also limit how long you stay when you have a supervisa. There are never any guarantees when it comes to visitor visas.