+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

which is better australia or canada?

yolie

Jun 12, 2010
omm said:
yolie, now USA job market is not good but its nice place if you have job, Canada is very nice place to live, I visited AUS I dont like it at all...
OMM.
please explain why you answered these answers.

And what you not like about australia?

And which is best country to live for you, and why.

ASMAFIR

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I presently live in Australia, trust me the people are very generous and helpful. Yes, you do come across not so well behaved and bad people who may not even like you because of your origin, but that is very rare here. Racism is every where, I would say it is more prevalent in India then anywhere else, but that does not make India not liveable. To the average Australians an India( particularly the student community which strives on odd jobs) guy would come across as someone who speaks loudly in his own language at public places, who does not smell good because he/she steps out of the house just after preparing their spicy meal( hence the Indians are also referred as curries by the ozies).

The fact that we(not all) Indians fail to realize is that when we go to a foreign land we should understand and respect the native's culture and not try to make our own space and live in it.

Its true things have not been good for the Indian community in Australia lately, but our media is doing the worse job by blowing the issue out of proportion.

Just my two cents, sorry if I had hurt any one's sentiments.

NOTE: Australia is not like US or Canada with huge buildings and business centres, if you have that in mind and move to Australia, then you will be hugely disappointed. Countries like Saudi and Dubai or Singapore look much more developed than Australia.

scaria197

Star Member
Jun 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2010
Doc's Request.
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Scheduled
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Asamfir,

Thanks for your answers on Australia. So what is actually driving applicants from Australia to Canada? If you have Permanent Residency of Australia will you consider moving to Canada?

-scaria197

arlesoma

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2011
Doc's Request.
?
Nomination.....
?
AOR Received.
?
IELTS Request
?
File Transfer...
?
Med's Request
?
Med's Done....
?
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
Work Visa - Feb. 2012
LANDED..........
March 22nd, 2012
kris905 said:
I have been in Australia - Melbourne for 2 years and I should say that all this issue of racism and abuse are highly hyped. People are generally very friendly and warm. You might occasionally come across the rough kind, but that's part of any city. Even at work there was not much resistance or isolation even though the project i was involved in, dealt with transitioning (stealing aussie jobs). I firmly believe that most of the racist allegations are media hyped.
Well, I was thrown out of a nightclub once at south yarra, but that was not racism. ;D
scaria197 said:
Asamfir,

Thanks for your answers on Australia. So what is actually driving applicants from Australia to Canada? If you have Permanent Residency of Australia will you consider moving to Canada?

-scaria197
Hi all of you, very interesting points of view, but it would be nice to move on to other topics related to Australia vs. Canada, just let me reennforce Scaria197 quotes and maybe you can help me out with the following questions.

1- Kriss905: it seems you are in austraila right now, correct? but that you are applying to the PR of Canada, why so are you seeking to move to Canada now? Why the desire to move from Austrailia when you are already there and now move to Canada?

2- Members:Is it possible that one can apply to both PR? For example if one gets the one for Canada, moves to Canada and at the same time also process the one for Australia (which if granted would be given after one is in Canada), is this a possibility or once you get one PR you can not get another one from another country or does this doesn't matter?

Thaks guys for your support! ;)

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yolie, I met some my relatives, family people and friends for my 2months cultural program visit, Iseen they are staying sine last 4years and they even not in good position tobuy atleast second hand car, so no more good earning in his/her career as software developer and networking manager, even AUS weather always warm, lots of time dust storm with sands too, more area of AUS is completely desert and still not developed. I am in the USA on H1B since last 3years, I applied my GC and waiting for GC but takes time, If I get GC then I will sure stay in the USA , and I will use my total H1B period with my current employer, I applied for PR Canada as backup to move if I dont get PR of USA. even I can enter to work for USA employer later on TN visa which is the great benefits for Canadian Citizenship and PR holders, AUS immigrants dont have this TN visa facilities to enter in the USA for work. If I get PR canada and I dont get GC (Green Card ) Of the USA then I will start my life in canada , weather of canada is awesome, lots of tourist places to visit during weekends or in vacation, very helpfull people from our home country (india) this is the good benefits for us that I never seen in AUS.
OMM

scaria197

Star Member
Jun 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2010
Doc's Request.
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Scheduled
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
omm,

AUS citizens qualify for the E3 visa. This was an outcome of the "Free-trade" agreement with Australia.

arlesoma

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2011
Doc's Request.
?
Nomination.....
?
AOR Received.
?
IELTS Request
?
File Transfer...
?
Med's Request
?
Med's Done....
?
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
Work Visa - Feb. 2012
LANDED..........
March 22nd, 2012
arlesoma said:
Hi all of you, very interesting points of view, but it would be nice to move on to other topics related to Australia vs. Canada, just let me reennforce Scaria197 quotes and maybe you can help me out with the following questions.

1- Kriss905: it seems you are in austraila right now, correct? but that you are applying to the PR of Canada, why so are you seeking to move to Canada now? Why the desire to move from Austrailia when you are already there and now move to Canada?

2- Members:Is it possible that one can apply to both PR? For example if one gets the one for Canada, moves to Canada and at the same time also process the one for Australia (which if granted would be given after one is in Canada), is this a possibility or once you get one PR you can not get another one from another country or does this doesn't matter?

Thaks guys for your support! ;)

Omm,
Hi again, would app, would appreciate your thoughts on my questions, thank you.

upp942

May 27, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-May-2010
Doc's Request.
01-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
23-May-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with initial application
Med's Request
02-May-2012 (post mark)
Med's Done....
24-May-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-Nov-12
VISA ISSUED...
14-Nov-12
CanadaVisa4me said:
From my understanding E3 is better than TN visas. Isn't TN visas only for certain occupations? Does anyone know?
hi CanadaVisa4me

Yes, TN visas are only for certain occupations.

You can find the occupations here: http://www.nafta-sec-alena.org/en/view.aspx?x=343&mtpiID=147#Ap1603.D.1

scaria197

Star Member
Jun 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2010
Doc's Request.
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Scheduled
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
So what is actually driving applicants from Australia to Canada? If you have Permanent Residency of Australia will you consider moving to Canada?

bhaveshenee

Oct 23, 2009
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2010
samkor said:
Dear All,
i have seen some post here which shows some nagetive side of Canada also(means difficult to find job, no demand for international degree, etc..)
i need some help from our board member and forum member also.
i am Indian mechanical engineer. i am eligible for both Canada and Australia immigration.
i know it is personal choice but i need all members suggestion.
i heard there is no value for int. degree. we have to study from Canadian uni. for getting good job. but in Australia there is value of int. degree.
i just want to know which country is better for mechanical engineer?

thanks. ???
Dear Samkor,
Can you please let me know which is the NOC you are planning to apply for Mechanical Engineer... As i doubt that there is no such Catagory for Mech.. Engg to apply with....

sapanaB

Apr 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
04-01-2011
yolie said:
somebody told me more australians are more racist than canadians. Is that true?
Yolie some people already asked this question and got plenty of answers as well... Plz read thru the earlier posts on this thread and decide for yourself.

Sapana

himanshu2277

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Boston
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo , NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
IELTS Request
sent - Done
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Namaste...!
Passport Req..
Namaste...!
VISA ISSUED...
Ohh GOD...!
LANDED..........
Namaste...!
I am going to Canada, wowww my Dream country, I also like Australia, I studied there for 1year 8moths Perth, even visited lots of places, but I don't like to be as Immigrant of Australia, becasue of lots of reasons, first I dont like weather always warm, its true, we can not earn money fast and easily which we can earn in Canada, Australia is too far from USA and eaven far from many beautifull islands like jamaica , bermuda etc, no more good relatives in Australia , even some members and people told Australia have big area of desert thats true, people are struggling lots to earn good money and purchase car in Australia even I seen people are there who isearning good and he can not able to purchase car at this stage.

I dont understand that if people have Australian PR or citizenship then why they refer this forum and apply for Canadian PR??? what the reason for them to leave Australian and start new life on Canadian PR.

Himanshu2277

singh84

May 19, 2010
omm said:
yolie, I met some my relatives, family people and friends for my 2months cultural program visit, Iseen they are staying sine last 4years and they even not in good position tobuy atleast second hand car, so no more good earning in his/her career as software developer and networking manager, even AUS weather always warm, lots of time dust storm with sands too, more area of AUS is completely desert and still not developed. I am in the USA on H1B since last 3years, I applied my GC and waiting for GC but takes time, If I get GC then I will sure stay in the USA , and I will use my total H1B period with my current employer, I applied for PR Canada as backup to move if I dont get PR of USA. even I can enter to work for USA employer later on TN visa which is the great benefits for Canadian Citizenship and PR holders, AUS immigrants dont have this TN visa facilities to enter in the USA for work. If I get PR canada and I dont get GC (Green Card ) Of the USA then I will start my life in canada , weather of canada is awesome, lots of tourist places to visit during weekends or in vacation, very helpfull people from our home country (india) this is the good benefits for us that I never seen in AUS.
OMM
hey hows going buddy you will not stop on commenting about aus. can you please tell me which part of aus. your friends and relatives are living and which part of aus you have been visited, where did you see lots of time dust storm with sands too i think you are thinking about some other country and commenting about aus. you said weather of canada is awesome but maybe you dont know you can not able to work at certain areas of canada for some months due to snow and you are talking about second car mate i would like to tell you 80% of students ( i am talking about students only not PR ) have bought their own car while they on student visas when they get here and live average about one year then they can able to buy car and if they have good level of english coz of it they will able to get good jobs and then can able to buy brand new cars and i really dont know about your friends and family they are exceptional case may be you should consider their level of english if somebody can only understand one part of english listening they still able to work labour jobs like in farms, car wash and dish washer etc. @ about average $10/hour and in canada average rate of accountant is 10.75/hour mate you should think whenever you open your mouth