Hopefully No
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
canadacanada said:
sushii,

just wondering why u prefer Canada....if u dont mind sharing.
I like Aus but choosed Canada cuz lot of my relatives live in US and I lived here for like 10 yrs.
But to be honest I love Australia but I am little tired in these immigration wait games...
canadacanada

my family, realtives n friends are the influence. bcoz at the end of they all we need is them. i have both good and bad time in australia but no complain as its part of life. and i know it will more or less same in canada as well......ya i am just trying to be with them and settle down.

david_oz

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2010
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
Med's Request
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-06-2010
Passport Req..
20-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2010
LANDED..........
04-09-2010
i reject outright the suggestion that australia, or australians are racist

these attacks on indian students were perpetrated by a small number of complete f*ckwits that have no place on this earth. It is ridiculous to suggest that australia is not a safe place for indians to live. i have tons of indian friends in australia who live a normal life and don't live in fear. australians are generally welcoming, friendly and tolerant. and to the extent that any "racism" or intolerance of other cultures occurs, I can assure you that exists in other countries too, including Canada (and the UK and US too).

regarding the government restrictions, perhaps the reason they are tightening restrictions is to avoid a situation such as what happens here in canada where qualified doctors, electricians, engineers etc... from places like china, india, pakistan, phillippines are driving cabs, working in fast food or shovelling snow for a living because the immigration system is out of touch with the labour market and employers perceptions of foreign workers. if you are qualified in these areas, and your goal is to get a job in your field, then i would suggest you'd have a better chance of doing that in australia than in canada - despite tougher entry requirements. on the other hand, if your goal is to immigrate to any western country with a high standard of living, without really caring about your job or maintaining a high standard of living, that is probably easier to do in canada.

thats not to say it is impossible to find a good job in canada as an immigrant. i have done it, as have various people i work with. canada is a fantastic country with plenty of opportunity if you are prepared to work hard. i love it here and definitely want to stay.

think about what you want to achieve by moving to another country, and think about each country on its merits, rather than just believing sensationalist news reports

home

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
David_Oz - I agree with you that Australians are not racist. Every society has racist individuals but no one wants to go live in India so Indians don't experience the racism we (indians) espouse. Instead, we are racist towards our own society, which is not highlighted by the media.

If Australians were racist, they would be killing all types of Indians, not just some students who got killed who by the way were living in dangerous areas. I am not excusing the killing but to call all Australians as racist is insulting and narrow minded. We, in India, are eager to live everywhere else as you can see my our want for mass migration but we never see fault in ourselves.

Of course, as soon as Australia tries to stop these bogus students from moving to Australia, then Ozzies are branded as racist instead of seeing the good they are trying to do. Unfortunately due to our want of mass migration, lots of indians will cheat and lie to get to Australia as was shown by the many bogus students who try to get to Australia to take up hair cuttery, cooking, etc which can be learned in India itself.

Unfortunately, we also have f*ckwits who are more than happy to call Australia racist at the drop of the button because our f*ckwits media tells them that. I apologise in advance for these f*ckwits.

I am proud to be Indian but some Indians type/speak before they think.

david_oz said:
i reject outright the suggestion that australia, or australians are racist

these attacks on indian students were perpetrated by a small number of complete f*ckwits that have no place on this earth. It is ridiculous to suggest that australia is not a safe place for indians to live. i have tons of indian friends in australia who live a normal life and don't live in fear. australians are generally welcoming, friendly and tolerant. and to the extent that any "racism" or intolerance of other cultures occurs, I can assure you that exists in other countries too, including Canada (and the UK and US too).

regarding the government restrictions, perhaps the reason they are tightening restrictions is to avoid a situation such as what happens here in canada where qualified doctors, electricians, engineers etc... from places like china, india, pakistan, phillippines are driving cabs, working in fast food or shovelling snow for a living because the immigration system is out of touch with the labour market and employers perceptions of foreign workers. if you are qualified in these areas, and your goal is to get a job in your field, then i would suggest you'd have a better chance of doing that in australia than in canada - despite tougher entry requirements. on the other hand, if your goal is to immigrate to any western country with a high standard of living, without really caring about your job or maintaining a high standard of living, that is probably easier to do in canada.

thats not to say it is impossible to find a good job in canada as an immigrant. i have done it, as have various people i work with. canada is a fantastic country with plenty of opportunity if you are prepared to work hard. i love it here and definitely want to stay.

think about what you want to achieve by moving to another country, and think about each country on its merits, rather than just believing sensationalist news reports

cheot09

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
uae
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
nil
AOR Received.
nil
File Transfer...
Mar 29, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 9, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Interview........
Mar 8, 2010
Passport Req..
April 12, 2010 (sent on May 1, received by CHC May 4, 2010)
VISA ISSUED...
May 11, 2010 (returned to me on May 19, 2010)
friends, can i just say my opinion...

Everywhere there is difficulty...Be it in America, Canada or Australia, Philippines or India..There in unemployment here in my country in the Philippines(being in a third world country) as well as in America which is the mother of all the nations and everywhere in the world. I believe if you really want to prosper, it will not depend where you are, but you have to exert more and more extra effort in order for you to get want you really want to achieve. Of course before getting there you have to pass on to so many requirements and one of which is applying a visa. So please be patient while waiting for your applications. Also, please do not discourage other people's dream. Anywhere will be a better place if it fits your personality...

Peace.....

samkor

Star Member
May 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can anybody tell me about tax deduction in both canada and australia.
as i know in canada there is 15% tax deduction.....i am not sure........bu what about Aus.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ummmmhaaaa.. :p :-* 8) ;D I love canada.. australia is completly desert area, weather is hot or warm always , canada have lovely weather, snowfall beautyfull mountains, forest, beautyfull lakes etc.
OMM

tarakrs

Champion Member
May 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends on wat salary slab do u fall on..... Moreover, if you are married and if you have children then, you may get ur tax back at the end of financial year

samkor said:
as i know in canada there is 15% tax deduction.....i am not sure........bu what about Aus.

samkor

Star Member
May 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omm said:
ummmmhaaaa.. :p :-* 8) ;D I love canada.. australia is completly desert area, weather is hot or warm always , canada have lovely weather, snowfall beautyfull mountains, forest, beautyfull lakes etc.
OMM
do you have any exp. about to live in Aus.
how you judge that it is completely desert.......

ASMAFIR

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samkor said:
The tax is huge in Australia, the maximum being 40% depending upon your income bracket...

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samkor said:
do you have any exp. about to live in Aus.
how you judge that it is completely desert.......
I have cousine there , friends and I visited melbourn sydeny perth for 2months, FYI look the google map, and use google you will get details also, just 5 cities are main for australia, rest of small towns and desert area. dont belive me, just travel and drive from one city to another city , GPS will also will lost signals. or ask someone who familiar with australia if you dont trust me.

OMM

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I read my regional news paper of my home country india (gujarati news paper), I seen that australian killed 1 more indian. now a days completely aussi unsafe.
OMM

singh84

May 19, 2010
people who are saying that indians are facing racism here in australia i will say thats bullshit i m an indian too, living australia. Australia is the best place to live than canada & USA

Ranjha

Dec 8, 2009
punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh84 said:
people who are saying that indians are facing racism here in australia i will say thats bull*censored word* i m an indian too, living australia. Australia is the best place to live than canada & USA
singh saab

anybody who is in punjab and reads punjaabi newspapers can tell how many"""ATTACKS and MURDERS""
have been in australia in last year,,,,,today also,,,,,,,tell me how many punjaabi boys or girls travel through melbourne tube between 12 am to 2 am

if u r aware AUS govt has rejected 11,000 odd cases pending for PR in one damn go,,,,WHY WHY

why were protest marches being done last year in australia,,,,,coz of racist treatment or were they demanding for Mcdonald PIZZA's

sir jee defend os cheez nu karo jo sahi hai,,,,,,,,,,,blind patriotism is a big time BULLSHIT

david_oz

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2010
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
Med's Request
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-06-2010
Passport Req..
20-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2010
LANDED..........
04-09-2010
tarakrs said:
It depends on wat salary slab do u fall on..... Moreover, if you are married and if you have children then, you may get ur tax back at the end of financial year
tax appears higher in australia, but that is only because in canada you pay provincial tax as well. once you include all the extra stuff you pay in canada (CPP, EI) tax works out to be a little higher in canada, but not that much. it also depends which province you live in. also, in every province except alberta you will pay higher rates of GST/HST/PST than in australia on things you buy. i definitely wouldnt base your decision on taxes though

singh84

May 19, 2010
sir jee defend os cheez nu karo jo sahi hai,,,,,,,,,,,blind patriotism is a big time BULL*censored word*
Ranjha sahab punjabi vich likh reha sara kuch ta ki koi aussie gora na apniya galla sunle te hasse iss lai reply punjabi vich hee karna

ranjha sahab thunu pata jhede attack case hoye ne 90% oh indians de apne he rishtedaar ya friends ne kite c jo ki apni indian media bina kuch jane keh dindi hai ki racism baad vich pata lagda va eh ta apne hee beej boe ne nitin garg da case jo india vich bhut aag fadi c usde apne hee dosta ne mariya c india baad vich media ne eh keu nahi dekhiya phir ek baacha mariya c kidnap karke oh v nal rehnde couple de friend ne he mariya media ne eh kato nahi dikhiya ethe phir ek bande ne patrol pa ke apni car nu aag lati jis vich usdi 25% body jal gai te khenda mere te racism attack hoiya c te 4 goriya ne meri car te petrol pake aag laan di kosish kiti eh banda car di insurance claim karan lai eh kam kar reha c eh india media ne keu nahi dikhiya par ethay di media ne kali kali cheez dikha diti c ki iss bande ne petrol b te dabba b kithoy lita c mahraaj enna hon de bawjood tusi ki except karoge ki thudi oh pooja karan te bina koi investigation tusi attack hon de ek dam baad news eh dikha dinde ho ki eh racism hai baad vich pata chal da va eh ta chakar he hor c india media khabar dikhandi nahi banaadi hai sirf apne channel di TRP lai
te othe bhethe ta tusi har gal kar sakde ho ethe bhethe punjabiya de vichar b sunke dekho ki eh rasicm hai ya nahi mahraaj AAJTAK te ya PUNJAB KESARI pad ke kuch nahi bolna chai da

te 11000 files jidi gal kar rehe ho uss te b chanan panne va thunu dobara jado avange te hun getting late for work
thanx
vichar karo mere veer tipni na karo kise cheez te bina soche ethay thude apne he veer dost mushkil vich aange baad vich vichaar karo