+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

which is better australia or canada?

tarakrs

Champion Member
May 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Look Man!

I am not against Ausies.... I understand when u migrate to a country as an immigrant then, you need to follow their rules... Its their actual home and culture which we need to adopt.... Wat I said here was why the "F" people are talking about religious and political endless tensions in the country? I request to people like my Friend Arif to keep these things away from this discussion forum

home said:
It is not irrelevant. His point is that people were killed, much much more in number than in Australia and all this happened in Gujarat. I am not sure why you call this topic irrelevant. I guess your mentality is that it is okay to insult Australia but we Indians should sweep our dirt under the carpet.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
I have not read the entire thread, since being a Canadian, with family in Canada, Australia is not a viable option for me.

But early in the thread the poster asked about the climate in Edmonton and Toronto, and I did not see an answer. So here goes:

Edmonton is a smaller city and VERY cold in the winter. Toronto is a cosmopolitan city with a substantial immigrant population, and much milder in the winter.

Oops: I guess I digressed from climate, but anyway ... Your job prospects may be better in Toronto. Housing is more expensive (as is often the case in a larger city). Air quality won't be as good as in Edmonton.

So, the pros and cons of each city mean different things to different people. I'd search for jobs online and let the first good offer make my decision for me.

Also, try Kingston, Ontario -- a delightful place if you can find a job there.

samkor

Star Member
May 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toby said:
I have not read the entire thread, since being a Canadian, with family in Canada, Australia is not a viable option for me.

But early in the thread the poster asked about the climate in Edmonton and Toronto, and I did not see an answer. So here goes:

Edmonton is a smaller city and VERY cold in the winter. Toronto is a cosmopolitan city with a substantial immigrant population, and much milder in the winter.

Dear Toby,
thanks for your information.
actually i want to know which part of canada is not much colder and have good opportunities for mechanical engineer.

Oops: I guess I digressed from climate, but anyway ... Your job prospects may be better in Toronto. Housing is more expensive (as is often the case in a larger city). Air quality won't be as good as in Edmonton.

So, the pros and cons of each city mean different things to different people. I'd search for jobs online and let the first good offer make my decision for me.

Also, try Kingston, Ontario -- a delightful place if you can find a job there.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Well, Toronto is not too cold in the winter, and I GUESS (but don't know for sure) that your job prospects would be better there (a larger industrial base, more businesses looking for skilled workers).

But as for the mildest climate, that would be in Vancouver (or Richmond, a satellite community where housing is cheaper), and Victoria. However, I hear that jobs are not plentiful there. You'd have to investigate yourself. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh84 said:
only you are the one who is giving the wrong direction to the topic by keep saying aus. racist and making people upset. your information always bases is on what a child watches on the tv then will talk like a shaktimaan again a couple said to you aus. is not good to stay long what the hell mate senseless debate you talked like immature person did you ask them why did you mention any reason, i know now you will come with the point of racism without having any knowledge what is called racism and when somebody will talk to you on logistic points then you will not reply to particular person
Singh look whats the topic: Re: which is better australia or canada? , Right, so I gave my answers already and thats not related any religious or any indian state, thats purely related AUS or Canada, so you guys grow-up.....
I support canada and canadian immigration, so, I advice to go for canada.
I look in this forum lots of aus people now migrate to canada , look first more threads on it.
OMM

tarakrs

Champion Member
May 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have lived in Toronto for more than 4 years and fortunately a job was never a trouble to me however, to get a job in your profession is little difficult in Toronto compare to other cities like Calgary and Edmonton. Alberta has been always offering more job opportunities and higher wages.... No doubt, I plan to settle in Toronto only as I have job confirmed there but, if you are new to settle in Canada then I would suggest to settle in Alberta... Weather wise Edmonton is more cold but Calgary is as warm as Toronto.... I hope this information would help
toby said:
Well, Toronto is not too cold in the winter, and I GUESS (but don't know for sure) that your job prospects would be better there (a larger industrial base, more businesses looking for skilled workers).

But as for the mildest climate, that would be in Vancouver (or Richmond, a satellite community where housing is cheaper), and Victoria. However, I hear that jobs are not plentiful there. You'd have to investigate yourself. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

home

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
omm said:
Singh look whats the topic: Re: which is better australia or canada? , Right, so I gave my answers already and thats not related any religious or any indian state, thats purely related AUS or Canada, so you guys grow-up.....
I support canada and canadian immigration, so, I advice to go for canada.
I look in this forum lots of aus people now migrate to canada , look first more threads on it.
OMM
Perhaps Canada is better but stop calling Australians as racist.

arlesoma

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2011
Doc's Request.
?
Nomination.....
?
AOR Received.
?
IELTS Request
?
File Transfer...
?
Med's Request
?
Med's Done....
?
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
Work Visa - Feb. 2012
LANDED..........
March 22nd, 2012
thanks Toby and Taraks for actually giving interesting information of canada vs. other ppl that have been with the same topic like if it was the only meal of the day for days...it was getting boring. :'(

Thank you, thank you if you have more live experience to share that would be great.
1- could you tell us to what city in the US does Calgary looks like? People tell me is like Houston but small....how so?
2- How much is the rent of apartments..from low to high range?
3- How much nightlife is there in Calgary?

:D

canadacanada

Jun 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buff
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS:May,09
Doc's Request.
Buff:June, 09
AOR Received.
Sept, 09 From Buffalo
File Transfer...
April, 2010
Med's Request
May,2010
Med's Done....
May 25, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 28,2010
LANDED..........
July 23, 2010
arlesoma said:
thanks Toby and Taraks for actually giving interesting information of canada vs. other ppl that have been with the same topic like if it was the only meal of the day for days...it was getting boring. :'(

Thank you, thank you if you have more live experience to share that would be great.
1- could you tell us to what city in the US does Calgary looks like? People tell me is like Houston but small....how so?
2- How much is the rent of apartments..from low to high range?
3- How much nightlife is there in Calgary?

:D

I dont know much abt apartents but I can assure you that there are good night clubc with lots of hot chiks...i had been to one when i was there last time like 5 yrs back...

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
People,

It seems many of you guys have stayed either in canada or australia. So pl guide me what are the opportunities for banking professionals-mostly mortgages in edmonton area...will appreciate your early reponses....

Canadian4U

May 12, 2010
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maverick_stallion said:
People,

It seems many of you guys have stayed either in canada or australia. So pl guide me what are the opportunities for banking professionals-mostly mortgages in edmonton area...will appreciate your early reponses....
Thanks for moving the thread into right direction i.e constructive discussion.

Regards

dodan

Mar 7, 2010
usa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
home said:
But aren't you trying to go to Canada?
yes, unfortunately. have you always been abale to choose the best? even knowing the pros and cons...?

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
tarakrs said:
I have lived in Toronto for more than 4 years and fortunately a job was never a trouble to me however, to get a job in your profession is little difficult in Toronto compare to other cities like Calgary and Edmonton. Alberta has been always offering more job opportunities and higher wages.... No doubt, I plan to settle in Toronto only as I have job confirmed there but, if you are new to settle in Canada then I would suggest to settle in Alberta... Weather wise Edmonton is more cold but Calgary is as warm as Toronto.... I hope this information would help
Hi Tarakrs,

Can you tell me something about Alberta,in particular Calgary,as i intend to land there.Generally as to how is the economy right now as well as job prospects for Indian trained professional accountants.I am more particular about the initial jobs,as to how difficult are they to land.Also if you can touch on the housing part,i will be grateful.

Thanks

Aus

Dec 22, 2011
tarakrs said:
What kinda stupid question is this?

Ofcourse CANADA is a way better than australia

Canada is part of North America so its always better

and anyways Aussies are resist.....
Mate you are a deadset idiot!!! Learn to spell first. How is Australia racist when we accept more migrants than almost an other country, including Canada?? If you carried on like that in Australia, you'd probably get punched out.
I like Canada, but Austalia has lower unemployment rate 5%. Better all year round weather. You won't get snowed in in Australia. Great beaches. Climate is more like the Los Angles or Miami in a lot of parts. And people are'nt racist, unless you carry on like that fool taraks.
Asian restraunts everywhere here.