+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to study and work in canada ?

Kiran grewal

Aug 18, 2018
So I am an Indian student. I completed my secondary education with PCM in 2018 with 65% (and 10 cgpa in 10th grade). After that I planned to study in canada. I choose Edmonton because my close relatives live there. I got overall 6.5 bands in ielts (L-8,R-6.5,S-6,W-5.5) in September. I wanted to apply in SDS program but after being insisted by one of my relative ( who is a consultant ) I applied in general for winnipeg in Manitoba because sets we're vacant there for Jan intake. But unfortunately my Visa got refused because of language ability. I gave the IELTS test again and this time I got overall 7.5 bands (L-9,R-7.5,S-7,W-6.5) and now I am confused where to apply Edmonton or Winnipeg ?? On one side Winnipeg is cold and lacks in job opportunity but on the other PR process is fast in Winnipeg. On the other side I have close relatives in Edmonton so they can help me. I am very confused which to choose ?? Which city is better Edmonton or Winnipeg ??

Reactions: gsbanwait17

gsbanwait17

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
So I am an Indian student. I completed my secondary education with PCM in 2018 with 65% (and 10 cgpa in 10th grade). After that I planned to study in canada. I choose Edmonton because my close relatives live there. I got overall 6.5 bands in ielts (L-8,R-6.5,S-6,W-5.5) in September. I wanted to apply in SDS program but after being insisted by one of my relative ( who is a consultant ) I applied in general for winnipeg in Manitoba because sets we're vacant there for Jan intake. But unfortunately my Visa got refused because of language ability. I gave the IELTS test again and this time I got overall 7.5 bands (L-9,R-7.5,S-7,W-6.5) and now I am confused where to apply Edmonton or Winnipeg ?? On one side Winnipeg is cold and lacks in job opportunity but on the other PR process is fast in Winnipeg. On the other side I have close relatives in Edmonton so they can help me. I am very confused which to choose ?? Which city is better Edmonton or Winnipeg ??
Hi Kiran, I would definitely recommend Winnipeg. The main reason for that is your self development because you will be your own boss and learn lot of new things. Other then that there will be way more opportunities in Winnipeg which will worth way more than Edmonton pay rate. In short it will also help you explore Canada as Edmonton is full with Indians which is not bad but you are here to learn out of box.

Reactions: Kiran grewal

gsbanwait17

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
One more thing it is my personal experience working with both Indians and Canadians. So being the person who face situations you should think about it.

Reactions: Kiran grewal

Kiran grewal

Aug 18, 2018
Hi Kiran, I would definitely recommend Winnipeg. The main reason for that is your self development because you will be your own boss and learn lot of new things. Other then that there will be way more opportunities in Winnipeg which will worth way more than Edmonton pay rate. In short it will also help you explore Canada as Edmonton is full with Indians which is not bad but you are here to learn out of box.
Thanks allot for your reply

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
If your relative is a consultant, they gave you bad advice applying with your first IELTS score. Far too low. Most place in Canada are cold in the Wintertime, so if you don't like the cold, that may be a problem. One thing I would say. Make sure the course is right for you as well as the city. Good luck

Singh9345

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
Winnipeg is far better and faster growing city than Edmonton. It has many opportunities. Rest i live in winnipeg, let me know if you need any assistance.