+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to notarize the documents of inviter for Visitor Visa of Parents for convocation?

lewanjey

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
HI, I am inviting my parents to attend convocation .
My question is whether I should notarize my (inviter ) documents like letter of invitation , letter of course completion, Work Permit, my paystubs, Bank Statements here in Canada or send them to home country and get it notarized there? Or Do I even need to notarize them at all?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
HI, I am inviting my parents to attend convocation .
My question is whether I should notarize my (inviter ) documents like letter of invitation , letter of course completion, Work Permit, my paystubs, Bank Statements here in Canada or send them to home country and get it notarized there? Or Do I even need to notarize them at all?
Don’t need to notarize an invitation letter.

lewanjey

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
Well , some immigration agent told me to notarize " letter of invitation thats handwritten by me" but not others

lewanjey

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
Thank you , he also said to include an affadvit from my (inviter) side , which makes the case stronger? What is it?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you , he also said to include an affadvit from my (inviter) side , which makes the case stronger? What is it?
You can but an affadvit for what purpose? You can promise many things in your invitation letter (parents will leave on time, not overstay) and have it notarized but if your parents do overstay a notarized letter makes no difference.