+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHERE AND HOW TO REQUEST VISIT VISA CANCELATION THAT I SPONSORED

Amir Khan

Oct 6, 2014
Dear Expert,

A couple has got a visitor visa on my invitation. My company has also send a supporting letter addressing embassy. They got a multiple visa for 3 years. I want to cancel that visa. Now, I do not want to take any liability.

What is the procedure, where and how to do it?

Please let me know.

Thanks
akhan64

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can't cancel the visitor visa once it's been issued.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
can a visit visa be liability on the inviter/host? I don't think it can be a liability 2ndly isn't it a crime to temper/stamp someone else's passport?
If the passport holder or cic finds out that someone else had illegally tempered the passport or visa Mr inviter will surely be in a big trouble.
This activity (destroying passports, stamping passports illegally etc ) usually trigger human smuggling investigations in many countries (specially in third world countries) and usually the person is tracked down.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Amir Khan said:
what would be the consequences if I stamp CANCELLED my own?

Tampering with a passport or visa is illegal and fraud..... it has very serious legal consequences..... and can land you in very serious trouble

Any tampering will render the visa invalidated.... the holder of that visa will be required to reapply for a new visa..... and worse, if the passport is impounded for document fraud.... then that passport holder will probably be unable to obtain a visa for any country in the future..... if they mention that their passports were impounded for document fraud..... so why would you want to jeopardize their future to this extent?

TRVs are issued largely based on the strength of the financial documents, circumstances, etc of the applicant.... and not solely because of the host's documents

MissPeak

Oct 8, 2014
My husband and I have sponsored my mother from the Philippines to visit Canada for 15 months as super visa . The visit is not going well . Its been 4 months now that she is here and nobody is getting along(husband) . Being that we are sponsoring her . Do we have the right to send her back home? What are the guidelines????

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
hI

MissPeak said:
My husband and I have sponsored my mother from the Philippines to visit Canada for 15 months as super visa . The visit is not going well . Its been 4 months now that she is here and nobody is getting along(husband) . Being that we are sponsoring her . Do we have the right to send her back home? What are the guidelines????
1. No, you don't have the right, she is here legally as a visitor.
2. You could always ask her to leave.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Sorry to hear the visit is not going well. No, you don't have a right to send her back home.

On a different note, I would not recommend asking your mother to leave without first of all having a talk with her. You may also need to set boundaries. I would take her to lunch and find out what is really bothering her, etc and do the same with your husband. Sometimes a parent may act out because they are perceiving certain things negatively, so they step into "protection mode". So it's really important to get to the root of the matter, address it and communicate clearly what you need from her and your husband. Remember, it is your home and family and the only person who can be asked to leave in this situation is your mom and you don't want to have to do that, but it could come to that if things don't improve.

My cousin had similar problems with her mother-in-law (MIL). Her MIL was old school and believed that a woman should serve her husband, cook him meals, etc. My cousin wasn't into that type of life and her hubby was happy with that. His mama wasn't though and despite her protests he didn't really deal with it until things came to a head. They asked her to leave, which she did, and never returned to their home until her death. Eventhough they apologized, things were never quite the same again. I share this story to illustrate how by not setting boundaries they ended up in this situation.

Hope things work out well for you.

MissPeak said: