+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
jhutti said:
I saw this question another thread also. Bro if u get PR via spouse sponership then wait getting citizenship before qualifying to sponser parents. Else if get PR based on own capability( point system) then I think u can apply next year
This is not true by the way. You can sponsor your parents if you were sponsored as a spouse without having to wait 5 years. The sponsorship ban only applies to sponsoring spouses and not other members of the family class. Check the IMM1344 form under "Sponsorship Eligibility Assessment" Question 5. It says: "In the five years preceding your application, did you become a permanent resident after being sponsored as a spouse, common law, or conjugal partner? If you answer yes to Question 5 and you are sponsoring a spouse, you are not eligible to be a sponsor and you should NOT submit your application.

fuzzyfuzzy

Jan 25, 2016
Buds said:
Hello,

Congrats for the progress in your case:). Could you please let us know if your parents home address was Canada or India/some other country?

Thanks,
They hold chinese passport but currently resides in Canada

fuzzyfuzzy

Jan 25, 2016
pgpvisa2014 said:
I submitted my parents application on 02 Jan 2014 and I have also received an email today (Jan 28, 2016) saying "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor."
If I look online, the "Sponsorship Application Status" has now changed to "In Process ". There is a new line that says "2.We started processing your application on January 22, 2016"
The email says "The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in their home address selected based on your relative’s home address.
The issue I have, is that my parents are now living in Canada on the SuperVisa. I will have to call and find out if they will change that to be processed on Canada and not their home country.
This is all good news and so exciting!
Good to hear your application moves forward as well. So their file is not going to CPC- Ottawa? I thought they all go there for second stage

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
It's good to see applications from 2014 batch are in process...I wish to know if our parents are in Canada on super visa...can their file be processed here in Canada? I applied in 2015 but hoping for the best.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
pgpvisa2014 said:
I submitted my parents application on 02 Jan 2014 and I have also received an email today (Jan 28, 2016) saying "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor."
If I look online, the "Sponsorship Application Status" has now changed to "In Process ". There is a new line that says "2.We started processing your application on January 22, 2016"
The email says "The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in their home address selected based on your relative’s home address.
The issue I have, is that my parents are now living in Canada on the SuperVisa. I will have to call and find out if they will change that to be processed on Canada and not their home country.
Congrats!

BTW, do your parents have any accompanying dependents in their application?

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
This news just made my day!!!!!!

Congrats to all 2014 applicants who got in process status. It's happening!!

;D ;D ;D

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
fuzzyfuzzy said:
Yes I submitted the application in Jan 2nd, 2014. See below for exact wording

Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted on behalf of xxx xxx and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing. This visa office was selected based on your relative's home address and the requirements for the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

and some other non case related info like RPRF/Contact info etc
Since your case is forwarded to Ottawa, do you mind telling us what address (the country) you put on the form?
Did you put canada address on both mailing and home address? or one canada, one china?
And by the time you submitted the application (Jan 2014), was your parent already here on a (super) visa?

Please share. It would help us a lot. Thanks and congrats ;D

pgpvisa2014

Dec 16, 2013
pgpvisa2014 said:
Our email says that stage 2 processing has been sent to the visa office in Pretoria (South Africa). This was the home address my parents lived at in Jan 2014.
However I notice for some of you it says "to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing"
Why are some going to CPC-Ottawa and some (mine) to their home country visa office?

I would love to find out from people who have stage 2 going to "CPC-Ottawa for further processing" (1) what you used for the home address for your relatives. (2) or are they here in Canada currently on the supervisa? (3) If yes to supervisa, when was the supervisa approved?

And in my case, (as I am sure with many of you) my parents now reside in Canada on the SuperVisa (they did not in Jan 2014). So why is stage 2 going back to their home country and not to Ottawa? Oh so many questions, but it sure is better than just waiting for the processing to start.

btw.. we have no accompanying dependents in our application. Just my M&D.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you need to fill out and send new forms to Pretoria? What would be your next step as they sent your file to visa office? Did they mention anything about it? Thanks!

pgpvisa2014 said:
Our email says that stage 2 processing has been sent to the visa office in Pretoria (South Africa). This was the home address my parents lived at in Jan 2014.
However I notice for some of you it says "to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing"
Why are some going to CPC-Ottawa and some (mine) to their home country visa office?

I would love to find out from people who have stage 2 going to "CPC-Ottawa for further processing" (1) what you used for the home address for your relatives. (2) or are they here in Canada currently on the supervisa? (3) If yes to supervisa, when was the supervisa approved?

And in my case, (as I am sure with many of you) my parents now reside in Canada on the SuperVisa (they did not in Jan 2014). So why is stage 2 going back to their home country and not to Ottawa? Oh so many questions, but it sure is better than just waiting for the processing to start.

Diudiu-Van

May 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
Doc's Request.
Jul 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Mar 2016
pgpvisa2014 said:

Hi, did you submit any additional documents? or you just transfered file directly?

Anthony42

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
I wonder if anyone else got approved? They might have shut the door for 2014 because of complaints of the May November 2011 batch, their applications are not approved yet.

crazystar

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
My application was received on 13th Jan 2014 (As per CIC status update). I got mail in June 2014 that my application made it to first 5000.

I am still waiting for Stage 1 approval.

RPh

Jan 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anthony42 said:
I wonder if anyone else got approved? They might have shut the door for 2014 because of complaints of the May November 2011 batch, their applications are not approved yet.
I guess there would always be cases that are not straight-forward,ie, there would always be some cases with expected delays from previous years. I don't think they're going to change their pace or how they go through files just because some people complained.

atkhb1

Feb 3, 2016
Hi Guys, quick question.

I also have an application number (received Jan 2, 2014), but did not receive any additional information yet and the web information still says, " received"

Actually I does not use registered email any more and asked several times to change, but I don't think they did it for me.

1. email is the only way that we could know where we are or they send the physical mail at the same time?

2. What is the best way that I could change my email address? I don't think they do this work by phone request.

3. How often do they update their website?

chang007

Jul 27, 2011
Has anyone else heard back on the status? My application was logged in on jan 2 2014 but still shows 'received' with no further status updates.